Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite game animal to cook and what is the recipe (if you dont mind sharing, if you dont wanna say the recipe, ju

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite game animal to cook and what is the recipe (if you dont mind sharing, if you dont wanna say the recipe, ju

What is your favorite game animal to cook and what is the recipe (if you dont mind sharing, if you dont wanna say the recipe, just answer the first part)?

trout filleted and put in tin foil and thrown over an open fire with lemmon zest lemon juice cilantro parsley and a little onion

Comment

Cubed venison loin or round steak. Dip in milk then dredge in seaoned flour and fry. Make a milk based gravey return the meat to the skillet with the gravey and simmer slowly for 20 to 30 minutes.

Comment

Backstraps cut into chunks with bacon rapped around the chunks. Then soak it in coke over night. It's great.

Comment

Elk steak or backstraps on the grill just like you would cook beefsteak. Zumbo has a good wild game cookbook that you might want to consider.

Comment

anterope

Comment

deer tenderloin, take and let the mead soak in water overnight, it will pull all the blood out of the meat, the put it in a Jack Daniel's marinade bag for at least 18 hours, then you can either put it on the grill. or what i like to do is to put it into a browning bag and put it in the oven for about 2 hours.

Comment

Game, I like backstraps coated in a dry rub, Cabela's make some good ones, and grilled over some charcoal.
                Fish, I like yellow perch or Walleye fileted, cut the walleye into smaller chunks, coated and fried.

Comment

Dall Sheep!
                  get your hands on a nice dall sheep roast and cook it just like beef pot roast. MMMM MMMMM!

I also love me some elk, moose is third...

Comment

elk steaks on the grill with some seasoning (not much). This preserves the taste of the elk rather than burying it in sauce or other stuff.

Comment

Quail done up like fried chicken.

Comment

Stuffed game bird breasts. I remove the breasts from the bird and butterfly them, then i make up a bread onion stuffing, stuff the breasts and then wrap them in bacon using tooth pics to keep them closed and the bacon on. Then bake it all in the oven. Just before it comes out whip up a little white gravy and pour over the breasts. This is a very easy but incredibly good dish. Very rich and delicious.

Comment

Pretty much anything feather or fur, wrapped in bacon and pan-fried in butter. Best meal last season was fresh grouse, woodcock, and venison tenderloins all wrapped in bacon and cooked up in the same pan, with some country fries on the side. Sigh ... season is 6-months and counting.

Comment

I am going home tonight to an elk roast that has been slow-cooking with root veggies since this morning. Yum ....

Comment

Deer steaks from any part of it. Rump, shoulders (kinda little, but still good), and especially tenderloin. Just get some teriyaki marinade and and soak those babies over night. Then, grill the steaks till they are medium-rare to medium (my opinion). Serve 'em up with some taters and you are set!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad