Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My average rifle shot on deer here in michigan has been between 50 to 100 feet. whats your average shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    50-100 yards also!!!

Leave a comment:

• rjbedrock
    replied
    Adirondacks...25 - 30 yards

Leave a comment:

• buddyboy564
    replied
    I live in minnesota and its usually about 50-120 yards if your in the swamp

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    50 to 100 yards

Leave a comment:

• tourneyking734
    replied
    between 30 feet and 300 yards in maine

Leave a comment:

• s-kfry
    replied
    In CO I bet it is between 35 and 300 yards. The challange is that you can bungle into an elk in the thick timber at 30 yards like I did 2 years ago or you can get one in a high meadow that could be 300 yards or more away with no ability to close the distance without getting caught. At that point the challange is to make sure you have a gun that can reach out that far, the skill to make the shot, and an adjustable scope so you can crank it down in the event that you do jump one close in.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    I've shot deer at 5 yards and 350 yards in Kansas but the majority of them have been between 50-100 yds.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    Usualy around 50-100

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    50-150 yards.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    In the woods and swamps where I hunt most the average range is 25 to 75 yards. On pastures, grain fields and clearcuts the ranges will be from 50 to 300 yards. With an average of 100.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I hunt Northern MO. My favorite stand is in the middle of a pasture. Shots have been from 25 to 355 yards. Average probably about 100 yds.

Leave a comment:

• teufelhunden
    replied
    Roughly 150 yards.

Leave a comment:

• adaboshi
    replied
    Average 150 yards,

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    If I'm in North AR then around 100-200 but here around the house 200-300.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    100 to 300 yards. Out here in the panhandle of TX shots can get on out to 500 yards.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad