Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody out there live or work on a farm too? If so, where, what do you grow, how many acres do you tend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody out there live or work on a farm too? If so, where, what do you grow, how many acres do you tend?

Anybody out there live or work on a farm too? If so, where, what do you grow, how many acres do you tend?

I work on a farm in GA. We grow horse hay right now but are thinking about growing corn. There is about 450 acres of land total.

Comment

My parents own 40 acres and we have a horse farm. We usually have a cycle of corn, beans, and alfafa. Its nice because we have woods to hunt on.

Comment

Rabbitpolice88, Cool, me and my brother are trying to get into the horse hay business. Right now we work for our dad growing row crops. We're gonna plant bermuda and orchard grass. What kinda hay do yall grow? We live on about 500 acres in Southeast VA, and tend about 1,500 acres total. Corn, Cotton, Soybeans, Wheat, and Peanuts.

Comment

We grow a special horse blend. It consists of fescue, orchard,ry and rescue grasses. VA is a good state for horse hay. I was at the Southeast Agg expo this last year. I was talking with a rep from Massey Fergeson. He said That VA grows a lot of horse hay.

Comment

I worked on a farm about 7 years ago. I had been working on a few farms from the age 12 to 17. We did hay, corn and soybeans. The owner probably had a couple hundred acres. I also helped my friends to on their farm. In upstate NY that is about all there is to do for a job, when you are young.

Comment

I work at a horse farm. He owns 80 acres, he rents out the fields and farmers grow corn, beans, wheat, sometimes hay.

Comment

I don't work on the farm but my family owns 10,000 acres of private land Overseas!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad