Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went shed hunting today for the first time this year. Didn't find a thing but who cares, 80 degrees in Mo. in March, I'll go aga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went shed hunting today for the first time this year. Didn't find a thing but who cares, 80 degrees in Mo. in March, I'll go aga

Went shed hunting today for the first time this year. Didn't find a thing but who cares, 80 degrees in Mo. in March, I'll go again tomorrow if the storm holds off.

Forgot to ask question: Did anyone else get out? Sorry, I'm retired so I've got time, wish more of my friends were available these kind of days.

Comment

Good day to be in the woods the way it sounds, no sheds found here.

Comment

No sheds in Ohio. Or at least that's what it feels like. My son did find a good arrow head.

Comment

Jim,

I took the dog and went out Thursday. I found a small antler from an 8 pt that was fresh looking and Jill pointed a long dead 10 pt buck. the bones was scattered in a thick hedgerow, I knew she wasn't on a bird by her body language. I posted a couple photos they are on my profile. didn't see any Turkeys. Saw a herd of 15 or 16 doe yesterday in the suburbs. Can't remember if I already told you. Also the tents came yesterday.

Comment

I've been out a couple of times with no success, found some deer but no sheds. It has been warm here in Colorado also, last weekend it was about 70, great day for a hike. Mike go looking again this weekend if the temps stay up.

Comment

Man, thats what its all about. Maybe you dont always get what you were looking for when you go out, but you always come home happy and without regrets. I went out today also. I found no sheds, and saw almos no wildlife. But im still very happy i went out.

Comment

Yea it was almost 80 in VA today so me and my lab went this morning. Ironic thing is we walked for about 3 hours found nothing. Decided to ride the 4 wheeler this afternoon around the farm and within 5 minutes found one side of a small 8 laying in the field next to a fence. Found 2 sheds this year on field edges. Walking is much better for you though, wont give that up.

Comment

Found a spike shed, one of my yard mutts found another spike shed in my bee yard right by and old scrape. A neighbor has already had two punctured tractor tires from sheds, one a nice heavy 5 point (half a 10)

Comment

I did not see anything!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad