Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could move to a state specifially for the hunting and fishing, what state would you choose? *assuming you still have to h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could move to a state specifially for the hunting and fishing, what state would you choose? *assuming you still have to h

If you could move to a state specifially for the hunting and fishing, what state would you choose? \*assuming you still have to have a normal job. Why?

I once would have said Montana but with what they have done to the licensing system out there I have put that one on hold. Washington State perhaps? Alaska might be a good one also...?

Comment

Definitely Wyoming. I'm in the wind turbine industry, so it would be perfect.

Comment

Actually, maybe still Montana. Hard decision.

Comment

I would say Alaska. You can hunt deer, elk, moose, and fish a bunch.

Comment

Utah. Almost every fish and big game animal are available here. Plus, almost limitless public land.

Comment

Montanna or Wyoming have great deer herds and lots of elk. The only problem with MT is grizzlies.

Comment

Here's my top 5 picks,

#1) Maine
                #2) New York
                #3) Montana
                #4) Washington
                #5) Oklahoma

Comment

I would say Alaska but its seasonable primarily August and September for big game. Fishing, ya its year round. But my number one pick would be New Mexico around Alamogordo!

Comment

Always wanted to go to AK. I also enjoyed CO when I lived there.

Comment

Montana definately. Not only because of the many species of animals you can hunt there, but also all of the amazing flyfishing there is. I am hoping to be able to go Montana State University after i graduate so that would be a wonderful experience.

Comment

PLEASE DON'T ANYONE ELSE COME TO MONTANA or atleast if you do, come with respect and humility. I'm born and raised here and I see people move here and then complain about our way of life. People buy up land that I grew up fishing and hunting on and then close it, without any regard for our traditions, customs and stations in life.

Comment

Alaska

Comment

Sportman Matt: New York is an interesting pick, why New York at #2?

Comment

I would rather stay in maine, it is great as it is

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
                                by jhjimbo
                                Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
                                Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
                                Today, 11:58 AM
                              • lightfoot lindsey graham
                                by crm3006
                                Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
                                Yesterday, 08:19 AM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.
                                by crm3006
                                "So SANTA is fake"

Oh ye of little faith, and an overload of cynicism! Santa exists, and is proven to exist, every Christmas! Santa...
                                Today, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X