Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listening to John Boy & Billy this morning, they asked where Al Gore was these days. Apparently one of his global warming scien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold on to your butts in summer. Every hot day is going to prove it to be real!

Comment

We have been having global warming in our back yard too. Amazing. I am all for being good custodians of the planet but being a scientist myself, I was shocked to see the pathetic second grade examples cited in the "Truth" that have no factual correlation to climate. I'm surprised Al didn't get voted off the planet after that one. He actually started getting into a little science with arctic core samples showing differences in atmospheric carbon content over the years but then couldn't really correlate that to anything. If I did believe that we had a climatic problem, I sure wouldn't hire a politician to resolve it. Especially one who claimed discovery of the Internet when he found it in his office six years after his SysAdmin installed it.

Comment

Gets hot, GLOBAL WARMING!
        Gets cold, CLIMATE CHANGE!
        Gets either, ALGORE will find a way to profit from it.
        MY BS METER IS PEGGED OUT!

Comment

Thanks all for proving my statement. Everybody who claims it dosen't exsit goes strait to political reasons which has nothing to do with the science, every logical person knows the government is a buisness and will never work to make our lives better. So I say again go look up the evidence back your statement up with facts not politicians are idiots, thats a given.

Comment

http://www.conservative.org/pressroom/2007/070806twohouses.htm

Take a gander at this, Snopes.com verifies it. Mr. Obrien, you were doing well until you got to "educate yourself and shut up". That was uncalled for.

Comment

007, here is the snopes, good job sir!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

Comment

I agreen it was a little uncalled for, I wasn't in the best mood at the time, but again this has nothing to do with climate change its more political crap that no one knows wether to believe or not.

Comment

Scientists are just like politicians, Obrien. They both have agendas, and neither can be blindly trusted. I think it's telling that, of the 30,000+ scientists that an international climate change group asked to sign a statement saying that global warming is real, only 7,000 did. The others refused. Global warming is a lie, and we have the scientific field on our side for this one.

Comment

Once again dukkillr were is the evicence, just because people are in the minority dosen't mean thier wrong. If you say it dosent exist you have to back it up with valid evidence. Not, well I jump on the band wagon and since erverybody else thinks this true it must be. I will refer to on old saying if most of the world jump off a bridge would you do it?

Comment

dukkillr, as a scientist my self I take your reference between us and politics as a huge insult, without us the world we be nothing like it is now and, who knows most the people alive today probably wouldn't exist. I will stop here because I can go on a huge tirant with you right now and say some very offensive things, I won't say my opinoin on the matter but jsobrien is right you guys haven't stated one credable piece of evidence to help your arguments. Politicians are all about numbers and what he said she said not the true facts. So consider your selt polititians untill you come up with some real facts to suport your week and not existant stands on the matter.

Comment

So where is the evidence that global warming is real? I would agree that SOME scientists are politicians. Why was there an ice age? Why are we not still in an ice age? I believe that the world goes through fluctuations, cooling and warming. In the 70's people were worried about global cooling. Taking a small segment of time to research (like 100 years) is not believable evidence for me. I do stand by that we need to take care of our planet, I just think that Al Gore's group is out of their element in that regard. Consider yourselves politicians until you share some credible evidence from an INDEPENDENT source, one not being paid to pretty much to find proving evidence. If one of Al Gore's employees came to him and said "I have found real evidence that shows that global warming is false." What do you think would happen? He would be looking for a job, and Gore owns the research that would never be seen (intellectual property). I just don't see the pro-Climate Change group as reliable, and their weaknesses are beginning to show.

Comment

I'll answer troutman and obrien at the same time. 1) You guys are the ones trying to say that the world will burn up if Americans keep driving their F350s as much as they, so the burden of evidence is on you. A heck of a lot of scientists say that there is no evidence whatsoever for global warming, so you need to have a ton of rock-solid evidence to prove them wrong. I really don't have to prove a thing, although I would like to point out that the earth's temperature was over 1 degree hotter in the mid-1800s.

Secondly, for troutman, yes scientists are wonderful people without whom the world would be nothing like it is. So are politicians. They both have agendas. You may not have an agenda to prove global warming, but I could show you a list of scientists who have stated that proving global warming is their life's work. They aren't approaching it with an open mind, and they freely admit that. Scientists have agendas just like politicians, lawyers, businessmen, etc.

Comment

"keep driving their F350s as much as they do". Typo.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad