Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like some opinions on the G Loomis Eastfork fly reel. I've been researching this reel and would like some opinions on th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    It has much in common with the proven Venture Series of reels, but modernized and refined......You can see the mark of every cutting tool......... It is upon close inspection, that you realize that the tools which sliced this reel from solid metal, are incredibly sharp and precisely controlled to the point that no further polishing was necessary......... When you rotate the spool there is no perceptible end or side play.......Tolerances are better than some reels costing more than twice as much........ The drag is equally smooth, and the adjustment from very light to full-on tight is easy to fine tuned and very smooth.........

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    I have two of these and I love both of them. They're quiet and reliable. They're great for any angler interested in flyfishing. The durability is a 5 star rating in my opinion and I've been on the water for 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• koeka
    replied
    G Loomis Co. is one of those companies where you know from the get go you're getting good quality in a reel. I fish in Pulaski, NY for spring steelhead and in the fall King/Coho salmon and will tell you that one major flaw people do when choosing a reel when fishing large fish such as these is the drag system.

Makes all the difference when landing large fish, I've seen my share of backlashes when the drag is of poor quality, leaving the fisherman with a huge birds nest and no fish.

If you are fishing for large fish such as salmon, striped bass or such you may want to consider an anti-reverse reel, it’s a bit more $$$ but far better suited for large fish.

For trout and such just about any brand named reel will do the job, it’s a matter of taste at that point. Hope this helps..

Leave a comment:

• I would like some opinions on the G Loomis Eastfork fly reel. I've been researching this reel and would like some opinions on th

I would like some opinions on the G Loomis Eastfork fly reel. I've been researching this reel and would like some opinions on the reliability of the reel. Thanks

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad