Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You got any fishing superstitions when the action is slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You got any fishing superstitions when the action is slow?

You got any fishing superstitions when the action is slow?

Saltwater fishing, whip it out and relieve yourself. This almost always leads to a fish biting while you are occupied

Comment

I've got a superstition. When fish don't seem to be biting, (and I'm fishing w/bait) I like to walk away and not pay attention to my rod(s). It seems like the fish know when I turn my back and then decide to take the bait. I know it's stupid but a watched bobber seldom goes under...

Comment

Either try something else before you get frustrated.

Comment

When they aren't biting we just say, "you aren't holding you mouth right."

Comment

We schedule our fishing around the wind. If it's gonna blow from the east we rarely go.

Comment

Take a slug of whiskey for the doubles you will be landing in about five minutes.

Comment

I always carry at least one baitcasting rig. Nothing provokes a strike from a big fish like a horrendous backlash.

Comment

Sort of what Jim in Mo said, here in Wyoming the old boys swear "When the wind's from the east the fishing is the least".

Comment

When i am ready to leave i always give myself 10 more casts and i count them out, if i get a strike or catch a fish the count goes back up to 10, This has made me late for diner more than once when i was younger.

Comment

My old man used to tell me "when the cows are laying down then just turn on around" Now I like to cast my nets (line) on the other side of the boat. It worked for the apostles.

Comment

I like to try something that I think would never work, something ugly.

Comment

Anytime the fish stop biting, lose focus on fishing and start doing something else. Murphy's law requires that the fish bite the instant you are not prepared.

Comment

No.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad