Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on keeping our hands warm? Neoprene gloves, wool gloves, warming packs just don't work for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips on keeping our hands warm? Neoprene gloves, wool gloves, warming packs just don't work for me.

Any tips on keeping our hands warm? Neoprene gloves, wool gloves, warming packs just don't work for me.

I like wool.

Comment

The best Goretex thinsulate gloves you can afford or equivalent. We also stuff those little chemical packs into the gloves when the days drop to sub-zero. You can add a small pack to your boots also. Sure makes life more comfortable. Don't forget spares.

Comment

wool because it doesn't let water in. Also try water proof gloves they do an excellent job of keeping your hands warm. I would recomend trying the brand "Hot Fingers" they are water proof and are very warm.

Comment

Mittens. The kind you can fold back when its time to shoot.

Comment

Thin gloves liners and a size too large fold-back mittens, with stick on handwarmers in the finger boot. Also, keep your core warm - keeps the blood circulating to the extremities..

Comment

I always wear a pair of thin cotton gloves under a pair of insulated leather gloves. The most important thing is to not let your hands get cold in the first place because once they do it's pretty hard to get them warmed up. Incase my hands do get cold, I carry a tube of Bengay with me, rub a little on my hands and put the gloves back on, within a few minutes they will be warm again.

Comment

I'm with Jim on this one, I had hell keeping my hands warm until I got a pair of shooting mittens. I won't hardly use a pair of gloves now.

Comment

Sounds like your hands are wet, don't blow on them to warm them. Stick your hands under your harm pit etc. Perhaps and it maybe you have poor circulation problems or thin hands.

Remeber moister is your greatest enemy!!!

Comment

I should have added that I always wear thin glove liners under my insulated gloves. Although I love wool unless it is extremely expensive tightly woven material the wind will blow right through it. The thin gloves and mittens combination works very well when you are horseback as you can hold the reins with the mittens but still remove them quickly if you have to dismount and grab your rifle. Some guys tie a string to one mitten, run it through their sleeve, across their shoulders, and down the other sleeve tied to the other mitten. This way the hastely removed mitten is not lost in the snow.

Comment

For deer hunting i use a muff that straps around my waist. I can put hand warmers in there and i can slip my hands out quickly and quietly when i need to. It gets cold in Wisconsin and this system keeps your hands warm and useable.

Comment

Thanks guys, good insight.

Comment

Stick your hands in your pants.

Comment

Good one hillbilly.

I like hand muffs around the waist and wool hobo gloves as mentioned above. I also keep a second pair of gloves stuff in my shirt around my waist and when my fingers get cold I put on the warm pair on and put the cold pair in my shirt to get warm. I switch throughout the day.

Comment

The muffs that the NFL players use

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad