Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS SITE, PARTICULARLY THE ANSWERS SECTION, IS GETTING PLUGGED UP WITH FLUFF!!! This was a bit of a problem when I first came

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS SITE, PARTICULARLY THE ANSWERS SECTION, IS GETTING PLUGGED UP WITH FLUFF!!! This was a bit of a problem when I first came

THIS SITE, PARTICULARLY THE ANSWERS SECTION, IS GETTING PLUGGED UP WITH FLUFF!!! This was a bit of a problem when I first came to this forum last year. Now it's an epedemic (or rather a plague). Over the past couple of weeks up to four pages of new "questions" are being posted daily. Most of these are drivel. I find I am daily having to sift through six or seven pages of new fluff to find a couple of answers or discussions with any merit whatsoever. THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM (and I think F&S; made a serious error in judgment not including that option). Keep the chat to a minimum. DON'T KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN. If you don't get an answer the first time, either no one knows or no one cares. DON'T ASK QUESTIONS THAT HAVE NO ANSWER OR AN ANSWER THAT EVERYONE KNOWS OR SHOULD KNOW (i.e. Why can't we hunt deer when the season is closed?, etc.). I mean, I'm seeing way too much of this, especially from the younger crowd. And the rest of us should avoid responding to these. Sooner or later the message should get through. If some of these folks don't get the message, they are going to wind up talking to themselves. I am happy to share fifty-some years of hunting/fishing knowledge but I'm getting tired of wasting a lot of time trying to do it. And I don't think I am the only one who's getting fed up.

Amen to that!

Comment

well said!

Comment

Where's the +1000 button??????

Comment

Ha, I was wondering who would snap first...+1

Maybe F&S should create a "next generation" area with answers to some of the more mundane questions, OR maybe some of these "posters" could SEARCH THE ARCHIVES....

Comment

Good post, I have almost stopped visiting the site because of this.

Comment

I agree totally, things here change by the month but always downhill. This point issue needs to be fixed.

Comment

maybe F&S Online can set a limit....if your under the age of 16 you can only post 2 questions per 24 hour span.

Comment

I don't mind mentoring or a little babysitting, but consistently some of this is past foolishness.

Comment

Great post Ontario..I have been trying to ignore the repeat questions and on liners that can be found by a simple google search...I know anytime I have asked a question I have always gotten first rate answers from ya'll. Most of these people do not understand that points have no bearing it is quality not quanity and there are only a few of ya'll that actually qualify on the quality portion..and most fo ya'll didnt fill out the form besides who wants the pople that ask "can you hunt a deer with a toothpick" to rate gear that I would want an educated opinion on before making such a purchase

Comment

Got to agree with ya Honker. I was feeling the same way this AM when my attempt at a little humor seemed to offend someone. Funny thing was I dont recall mentioning anyone in particular... You probably have the best solution to the goofy repetitive questions, just ignore them and maybe they'll go away.

Comment

Some things I'd like to see addressed on this site, or maybe look at things that other sites have:

-Being able to rate or report a question without having to answer it.

-having an 'edit' function to an answer you are posting or have posted.

-have a way to PM another user within the site.

-maybe set up a chat section for the folks that want to get their jollies yakking and txting and and stuff....

-have a way to post a picture with an answer or a question

-maybe reevaluate this whole 'points' thing. If that's your only motivation for being here......

Comment

i actually stopped visiting for awhile because of this and the slow loading images 1 of 10,000. i agree with ya'll and i believe this site does need a facelift and better control from the users stand point.

Comment

The server that F&S is using could use a new carburetor or something. I have a fast connection and a decent computer.....

Looks like with the all the big-time paid advertisers they'd want something that was more 426 hemi than slant six for server speed and bandwidth..

FRUSTRATING is not even close to the right word sometimes.

Comment

Well, thanks folks. Whew! I didn't know how this was going to go over but, as I said, I'm getting really fed up. Figured there was nothing to lose and everything to gain. Sgaredneck, I agree with your suggestions 100%. I don't think you missed anything. Everyon, feel free to chime in. We should compile some of these suggestions/gripes and get them to the editors before more "quality" posters like hunterD and teuf bale out.

I can appreciate that it is good for F&S business to be able to boast of a forum that has godzillion posts a day. However, if a reputable website sponsor starts looking at the "quality" of the posts (and some of the complaints), it could cause F&S business managers some problems. Hopefully, the sponsors' business managers would know a toothpick from a hunting rifle. Maybe not.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How come the Amish aren't all dead?
                                by Pmacc60
                                Why post something like fact check and make a statement like Amish have dug a lot of graves. ? Fact check only says Amish are effected by Covid 19’...
                                Today, 12:50 AM
                              • How come the Amish aren't all dead?
                                by labrador12
                                The Amish Community have largely ignored the Covid bullcrap, got the virus, and continued on their way. Herd immunity and disregard for the vaccine played...
                                10-11-2021, 08:52 AM
                              • Reply to TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                by jhjimbo
                                Duran Duran in the news - another alblum. I did not know they were still kicking....
                                Today, 12:25 AM
                              • TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                by fitch270
                                Easy one this week that should cover all kinds of styles.

Lighting it up with one from The Cult

”Fire Woman”...
                                10-22-2021, 07:47 AM
                              • Reply to May Use This One
                                by jhjimbo
                                When I first got it only Norma ammo was readly available. now several load for it as do I....
                                Today, 12:16 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X