Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my brother and I made a little short movie the other day in the blind. Just to try out our camera skills. It is basically a s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my brother and I made a little short movie the other day in the blind. Just to try out our camera skills. It is basically a s

So my brother and I made a little short movie the other day in the blind. Just to try out our camera skills. It is basically a spoof of all the hunting tv shows you watch. It is a head shot. so might want to get little suzie out of the room before you watch. Also you can view his other videos too. One is my wife shooting her very first animal with a 17 hmr. And a deer kill and a pig kill. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sc4MXja--4

Wow I loved it, I especially like the part where you cross the fence to get to the deer. Wow if more people look at this you are definitely going to get some mixed reviews and negative responses. I would clarify a few things before it gets out of hand!!! Personally I thought it was good humor and good videography...

Comment

I don't think it reflects well on other hunters. Especially to the non-hunting public.
      Call me what you want, but I think it was disrespectful.

Comment

Typical Texas Target Practice hunt...

Comment

I have to say that's not an ethical shot. Head is too small of a target, don't care how good of a shot you are, always a chance you'll miss and graze it's jaw or just wound it. How would you like it if you got shot in the mouth and starved to death?

Comment

johnycakes, I must disagree with you about the ethical shot. How many animals do you think run off and die each year from being gut shot by a bullet that was meant to strike the old heat pump? Or how about a grazing blow to the shoulder? If you have hunted long at all I am sure you have seen a few of these. Everytime you squezee that trigger you have the chance of wounding or grazing an animal. So, a confident hunter with the right gun and time in the field/range can make most shots ethical. He was using a .22-250 which probably key holed out to 200yds. Plus he said he was from Texas so he has probably been hunting his whole life and could shoot the ticks off a boar at a hundo! NolanOsborne why is it disrespectful? Did they make a clean kill? Did they say they were gonna get it back to camp and clean it? Was it the humor that they added that was disrepectful? I thought the video was Great and in good humor but I wouldn't show it to any young hunters.

Comment

I think it was very wrong. Personally to me it looked like you shot it out of an rv, not ethical. You shot it in the head, not ethical. You shot it with a 22 not ethical caliber. Just plain unethical and not smart. We don't want to see this type of stuff on here, go post it some where else but not here. I don't like it and think it is disgusting. This is why some deer in md public lands are walking around with croosbow bolts in thier heads. I agree with johnnycakes and nolan osborne.

Comment

Stick to your ethics there maryland hunter! Glad to see a young man express his thoughts! To those who didnt enjoy the video.... sorry you didnt like them. To those who did! Will be posting more next year! Will try to keep em funny and exciting!

Comment

I see the humor in it, the mock hunting show thing, especially following the "blood trail" ( you can never actually see any blood on the tv shows) and I have no doubt that he is a proficient shot, knew his load and his limits. I just don't think the non hunting public, and even some of the hunting public will understand this. Our behavior is monitored, and we have to be careful ( not be ashamed) of our actions when it comes to hunting. I personally would not take that shot with that caliber, but thats just me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                    by 99explorer
                    Trump is saying that he has no objection to releasing the warrant in its entirety, perhaps knowing that his lawyers will object on his behalf.
                    Today, 10:40 AM
                  • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                    by rock rat
                    Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                    08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
                  • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                    by rock rat
                    Of course Trump is free to release the warrant in it's entirety, and why not? Maybe because it says what he is accused of....
                    Today, 09:29 AM
                  • Reply to Nuclear Documents
                    by 99explorer
                    When I was in the service, there were two security clearances above "Top Secret."
                    They were "Atomic M" and Atomic Q."
                    Today, 09:29 AM
                  • Nuclear Documents
                    by jhjimbo
                    IF there were nuclear documents, who on the FBI has the clearance to handle them? The clearance necessary is above Top Secret - very people have it....
                    Today, 07:01 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X