Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, mostly reloading gunsmithing question. I bought 2 A5s the other day, a 2 3/4 and a three inch. Question one, does anyone h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, mostly reloading gunsmithing question. I bought 2 A5s the other day, a 2 3/4 and a three inch. Question one, does anyone h

Ok, mostly reloading gunsmithing question. I bought 2 A5s the other day, a 2 3/4 and a three inch. Question one, does anyone have any good reloads of a 2 3/4? I have to have something with more umph on it than the normal cheapo game loads. Second question, The 3 inch gun only single shots. I'm ok at the moment because that's a common problem, the question is where can I find online help on lining up the rings and such? I'll start with a good cleanig of it and messing with it. I go back to my eariler statement about Browning A5s. You can pay more but you will not find a better more reliable shot gun.

Capt Brad -- Here's a link to a pdf of the A-5 service manual. It's got ring diagrams on page 15.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/field_service_manual/browning_auto_5_field_service_manual.pdf

Also, unlike modern autos, which run best dry, the A-5 likes a little oil on its magazine tube.
    The technicians at the Browning repair center preferred a drop or two of 30-wt motor oil for the job.
    I hope that helps. As for reloading recipes, try hodgdon.com. If I were reloading lead hunting loads I might try something in a 1220 fps, 1 1/4 ounce pigeon load configuration.

Comment

Phil is right on with the Hodgdon recipes. They also give away free pamplets full of loading data. Sometimes I see the Hodgdon gang out at Mill Creek gun club. They are a great bunch of guys. Bruce Hodgdon donnated the land for the ranges.

Comment

Well I cured the problem, a little Rem-oil on the friction rings and I had the 3 inch shooting as fast as I could pull the trigger and the 2 3/4 shooting the light target loads! I think I'm taking my senior citizens to the skeet range!!

Comment

Hodgedon has about as good a site for recipes as there is. CaptBrad make sure to only use a very lite coating of oil on the recoil tube.

Comment

Agreed with Del in KS!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad