Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i've never had this happen but know peaple who have whatis the best way to deal with the sit below/sabotge your tree stand type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've never had this happen but know peaple who have whatis the best way to deal with the sit below/sabotge your tree stand type

i've never had this happen but know peaple who have whatis the best way to deal with the sit below/sabotge your tree stand type antihunter (just want to be prepared)

I've heard of a guy who had the misfortune of an anti-hunter harassing him while deer hunting in a special season on a state park. He called the cops, and apparently it is against the law in some states to purposely sabotage a hunt/harass a hunter. The cop came out into the woods, and the guy either high-tailed it out of there or got a fine (I don't remember the details). I honestly don't know the laws in most states, but calling the cops would be the first thing I would do.

Comment

Definitely against the law in Michigan - goes for hunters, fishermen, or trappers. Keep your cool and call the DNR or state wildlife service. Otherwise, get a good description of them and vehicle, license plate, and turn them in later. Good to have more than one place to hunt.

Comment

Don't do anything (hard to do), but get on your cell phone and call police/game dept. It is against the law. If they want to leave follow and get license plate #. Me, I'd kick them in the teeth if I didn't have a phone.

Comment

whip it out an pee on them??? LOL

Comment

Like the others, call the DNR.

Comment

I've never heard of this happening to anybody I know. Those folks don't fare to well in South Carolina. Good answer CPT BRAD!! I've only met one person that said they were a member of PETA. A waitress in a Waffle House were a lot of hunters go to eat after the hunt. She just kept talking about her views morning after morning and we always just sat there politely hoping she'd shut up. I heard that finally one morning one guy jumped up and yelled "if I give you $20 will you shut up". That got the manager's attention who apparently had been oblivious to this the whole time. He fired her. I don't know if that is exactly what happened but I do know I haven't seen her there since.

Comment

Where I live in MI, if you call the DNR they might make it out within 10hrs. but probably not. Not any anti-hunters around, but way to many violators. The DNR would rather concentrate on the water for easier violations, rather than have to go pursue someone in the woods.

Comment

it is illlegal in all states, i agreee with Wallofsam DNR might make it in 10hrs, i would still call them, i also agree with CPT Brad.

Comment

I know antis in NJ have been arrested for harrassing bear hunters. i would call the athorities. But you can only sit in a tree so long w/out relieving yourself.

Comment

Pretty sure it's illegal to disrupt someones hunting in nebraska.

Comment

Pretty sure it's illegal to disrupt someones hunting in nebraska.

Comment

when he is not looking, pour/ throw some deer piss on him, he will leave

Comment

Call the DNR!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad