Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok my buddies and I fish out of killbuck creek in ohio it has bow fin, pike, chanel cat, perch, and who knows what else....but a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok my buddies and I fish out of killbuck creek in ohio it has bow fin, pike, chanel cat, perch, and who knows what else....but a

Ok my buddies and I fish out of killbuck creek in ohio it has bow fin, pike, chanel cat, perch, and who knows what else....but anyway all we normally catch is bowfin we want to catch more pike and i am looking for any tips...we normally just put a splitter on our line with one split going to a led weight and the other going to a hook we usually use store bought shrimp or bait fish like shiners and chubbs...i would be thankfull for any tips

is killbuck creak up near coshocton?

Comment

Well if you are just leaving a minnow drift in the current you will have more hookups with bow fin. aybe try some casting with a spoon on the edges.

Comment

if your looking for pike throw spoons,spinners, or rattlin raps that match the local baitfish to weed edges and to deep pools. in the summer when the water warms look for the deeper spots or where cold water creeks or springs run in.
        good luck

Comment

p.s.
          white double tail jigs work great aswell.

Comment

Agree w/creswell. Also try some vibrant color spinners, reds, oranges, bright greens... Pike seem to be attracted to those.

Comment

O.K. Buy the biggest daredevil you can find, I think the biggest they make is 6 inches. Cast or troll with it. The only thing that will hit it will be large pike.

Comment

yea it runs by coshocton but i fish in wayne county up by shreve swamps

Comment

thanks for the tips guys

Comment

I have had very good luck with real frogs about hook size

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad