Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having more stars by your name mean your a better outdoors men or just spend a lot of time on the website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I learn a lot of stuff through experienced fisherman or hunters a like on the Website!!!

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    It means you have a lot of stars by your name. Various reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Well guys for me it's not about the gear. The plan here is to give the tents a workout next weekend with some young kids that like the outdoors. I won't be eligible again until next year but have not stopped blogging. Up to almost 60K points now. If I can't be hunting or fishing the next best thing is communicating to others about the same.
    Wayne, our 'Hawks pulled one out last night but then you knew that. BTW last year bought the wife a team autographed Basketball the week before we won the title. Wonder what it's worth nowdays.

Editors,

I use the thumbs but it seems to take up too much time when there is many threads to keep track of. I really liked the old 100 latest comments that you no longer have. If you gave the thumbs more value they would no doubt be used more.

Leave a comment:

• Online Editors_2
    replied
    Great question. We tried to set this up so that people get points based on both the quantity AND the quality of what they post. That's what the "good comment/bad comment" links are for -- you give somebody a thumbs up, they get 10 points. But I've noticed people don't use those as much as I thought they would, so right now I'm guessing points = quantity more than quality. Any suggestions for how we might get more people to rate stuff?

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I think it might have a little combination of both. It also depends on the answer... some are short and stupid with people just looking for points and others are actually from people who are pretty intelligent about the subject at hand. You can tell who is BS'ing. But i think that just because you answer a lot of question, does not eliminate anyone from being a good outdoorsman... i believe that both exist

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    Either way I like to see what people write, to learn new tips and tricks.

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    same as Christian Emter and jerry k

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    Well I spend alot of time on this web site, I also have questions that need to be answered. I also like to share stories of mine and help people out on their questions.

Leave a comment:

• jerry k
    replied
    it means that your trying to get as many points as possible so the editors will give you free gear to test.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    Copy that. It's to cold in MI to get out and do anything, so right now I spend to much time on this site, but it's nice to learn some helpful tips from other knowledgeable people that hunt/fish.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    Both I'm on leave from the military and like reconnecting with my fellow hunters and red blooded Americans! I've also spent about 30 years in the woods, trail riding, hunting and just "exploring". When I was a kid my mom kicked us out of the house till supper was ready. That's 2-3 hours a day trapsing about the forty acre wood as old whats his name used to call it.

But yeah I just like to be helpful, there are still a LOT of things I'm nowhere near as experienced in as Del, Coop, and Beekeeper so I just keep asking the old heads.

Leave a comment:

• summit229
    replied
    Alot of stars in and of itself means they have made alot of postings and nothing more. There are those with alot of stars that are quite knowledgeable and will go out of their way to help you, and there are those with alot of stars that post alot of silly questions, make alot of silly comments and give alot of silly answers to questions they have no business answering.There are also those with alot of stars that fall somewhere in the middle. The good thing about someone who has alot of stars is that they do have a history on this site, and that allows you to go look at their other postings, and draw your own conclusion as to their knowledge on a particular subject.

Leave a comment:

• BamaCreekBum
    replied
    I like to help out when i have the experiance to help someone. I'm only 18 so I don't have a lot of experiance. I do love the outdoors and I'm always up for learning something new. Once it warms up here I'll be fishing alot more and not logging on as much.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    You’ve been online for one year now, don’t you want to signoff and get a life! LOL!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Been hunting and fishing since early childhood, I will soon be 47 years old. Killed my first small game at 5, my first deer at 7. I have guided myself to a wild turkey grand slam. I enjoy all types of hunting from smallgame to big game. I raise beagles and keep labs and the occassional bird dog. I shoot skeet and sporting clays. I have been reloading for rifle, pistol and shotgun for over 30 years. I have been building all types of turkey calls, especially box calls for over 20 years. I build traditional muzzle loaders from scratch parts for friends and family. I have also been a hunter education instructor for over 20 years.

I love all types of fishing both fresh and saltwater, with catfish and speckled trout (spotted weakfish) as my favorite species.

I enjoy sharing what I know and yes, I probably spend too much time on the net...

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wolf control in Wisconsin.
    by bowhunter75richard
    Yeah, just try to explain that to any wolf advocate and see how far you get. These people have their heads so far up their butts, they can see the eye...
    Today, 09:06 AM
  • Wolf control in Wisconsin.
    by 99explorer
    Very big "no problem" here.

"Hunters and trappers blow past Wisconsin's wolf kill target."

https://news...
    02-24-2021, 05:25 PM
  • Reply to New Things
    by jhjimbo
    I just heard a Dr. caution the virus may spike this summer as people in the south head in to A/C spaces to beat the heat.
    Shop for MERV-13 or better...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • New Things
    by MattM37
    Some interesting stories in the recent Fur-Fish-Game. Canoeing down rivers to hunt for wild boars, and stalking streambanks to hunt muskrats. Are...
    Yesterday, 07:14 PM
  • Reply to New Things
    by PigHunter
    Jim, it will be $900 and 2 to 3 work days. One way drive time is 45 minutes so there's no need for overnight stay. There's a sign out / sign in board...
    Today, 08:37 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X