Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having more stars by your name mean your a better outdoors men or just spend a lot of time on the website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I spend alot of time on this web site, I also have questions that need to be answered. I also like to share stories of mine and help people out on their questions.

Comment

same as Christian Emter and jerry k

Comment

Either way I like to see what people write, to learn new tips and tricks.

Comment

I think it might have a little combination of both. It also depends on the answer... some are short and stupid with people just looking for points and others are actually from people who are pretty intelligent about the subject at hand. You can tell who is BS'ing. But i think that just because you answer a lot of question, does not eliminate anyone from being a good outdoorsman... i believe that both exist

Comment

Great question. We tried to set this up so that people get points based on both the quantity AND the quality of what they post. That's what the "good comment/bad comment" links are for -- you give somebody a thumbs up, they get 10 points. But I've noticed people don't use those as much as I thought they would, so right now I'm guessing points = quantity more than quality. Any suggestions for how we might get more people to rate stuff?

Comment

Well guys for me it's not about the gear. The plan here is to give the tents a workout next weekend with some young kids that like the outdoors. I won't be eligible again until next year but have not stopped blogging. Up to almost 60K points now. If I can't be hunting or fishing the next best thing is communicating to others about the same.
              Wayne, our 'Hawks pulled one out last night but then you knew that. BTW last year bought the wife a team autographed Basketball the week before we won the title. Wonder what it's worth nowdays.

Editors,

I use the thumbs but it seems to take up too much time when there is many threads to keep track of. I really liked the old 100 latest comments that you no longer have. If you gave the thumbs more value they would no doubt be used more.

Comment

It means you have a lot of stars by your name. Various reasons.

Comment

I learn a lot of stuff through experienced fisherman or hunters a like on the Website!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad