Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having more stars by your name mean your a better outdoors men or just spend a lot of time on the website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does having more stars by your name mean your a better outdoors men or just spend a lot of time on the website?

Does having more stars by your name mean your a better outdoors men or just spend a lot of time on the website?

Not really it just means they are knowledgeable on a subject or two, or they have been hunting or fishing and like to share their advice.

Comment

Just means that we like to help out where we can. Alot of us have been outdoors for many many years.

Comment

I agree with the first two, and I will add that there is alot of knowage on this site. If I don't know I will ask here for the answer and 99.9% of the time I will get the answer in short order.

Comment

Right now there isn't much going on outside so plenty of time for this stuff. I only answer if the subject is something I have experienced. Been hunting 49 years, reloading 36 and fishing 54. Not wealthy but a long career in the Army made it possible for me to hunt and fish many states and 2 foreign countries. There's still a lot I don't know. Have posted many photos and still have a lot more.

Comment

Forgot to mention. Started Bowhunting in 1964 so have about 45 years of that. First Bowkill was a doe in 1973.

Comment

Depends, in Dels case, yea he spends a lot of time outdoors, and some on the site, in my old case, i spent a lot of time on the site, cheating sometimes to get points, so i talked to one of the Admins and we agreed to tak all of the points away that i had, but get no negative points.

Comment

Its a little of both. Like everyone has said there isn't much going on now so its easier to be on here a lot, but there are a lot of questions from people who really don't have that much experience that are getting a lot of points by asking a lot of questions.

Comment

Been hunting and fishing since early childhood, I will soon be 47 years old. Killed my first small game at 5, my first deer at 7. I have guided myself to a wild turkey grand slam. I enjoy all types of hunting from smallgame to big game. I raise beagles and keep labs and the occassional bird dog. I shoot skeet and sporting clays. I have been reloading for rifle, pistol and shotgun for over 30 years. I have been building all types of turkey calls, especially box calls for over 20 years. I build traditional muzzle loaders from scratch parts for friends and family. I have also been a hunter education instructor for over 20 years.

I love all types of fishing both fresh and saltwater, with catfish and speckled trout (spotted weakfish) as my favorite species.

I enjoy sharing what I know and yes, I probably spend too much time on the net...

Comment

You’ve been online for one year now, don’t you want to signoff and get a life! LOL!!!!

Comment

I like to help out when i have the experiance to help someone. I'm only 18 so I don't have a lot of experiance. I do love the outdoors and I'm always up for learning something new. Once it warms up here I'll be fishing alot more and not logging on as much.

Comment

Alot of stars in and of itself means they have made alot of postings and nothing more. There are those with alot of stars that are quite knowledgeable and will go out of their way to help you, and there are those with alot of stars that post alot of silly questions, make alot of silly comments and give alot of silly answers to questions they have no business answering.There are also those with alot of stars that fall somewhere in the middle. The good thing about someone who has alot of stars is that they do have a history on this site, and that allows you to go look at their other postings, and draw your own conclusion as to their knowledge on a particular subject.

Comment

Both I'm on leave from the military and like reconnecting with my fellow hunters and red blooded Americans! I've also spent about 30 years in the woods, trail riding, hunting and just "exploring". When I was a kid my mom kicked us out of the house till supper was ready. That's 2-3 hours a day trapsing about the forty acre wood as old whats his name used to call it.

But yeah I just like to be helpful, there are still a LOT of things I'm nowhere near as experienced in as Del, Coop, and Beekeeper so I just keep asking the old heads.

Comment

Copy that. It's to cold in MI to get out and do anything, so right now I spend to much time on this site, but it's nice to learn some helpful tips from other knowledgeable people that hunt/fish.

Comment

it means that your trying to get as many points as possible so the editors will give you free gear to test.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad