Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite hunting or fishing memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite hunting or fishing memory?

What is your favorite hunting or fishing memory?

When I was 6, going duck hunting with my dad and uncle. I didn't have a gun but it was my first time out and I'll always remember it.

Comment

Perry Lake, KS fishing off of 92 bridge with my father in late January when I was about 12. Crappie was stacked up so thick we couldn't keep our poles in the water. No kidding had both our limits (at the time it was 50 a person 10in fish) in less then 4 hrs. Won't mention how long it took to clean all them slabs. Went right back the next day with my uncle mickey and it was just a hot.

Comment

even though we didn't get anything, i will always remember letting one of my friends who is a girl shoot my shotgun while we were out squirrel hunting with some friends. It was the first gun bigger than a .22 she'd ever shot. She almost fell over i had to catch her from falling down the hill.

Comment

When I was little my father, brother and I went fishing down the river from our camp. We were just out having fun and hit a hot hole of crappies and sunfish. I was maybe 8 or 9 but it was the time of my life. As soon as we tossed in the line we had fish. Just a great day of fishing.

Comment

My dad and I got up to go paririe chicken hunting, by the time we got to our land it was raining. We just sat in the truck and talked the rest of the moring. I will never forget that day.

Comment

The first really big striper i caught when I was. This fish was a resident under the fuel dock at my dads marina, and a bunch of people had seen it once or twice. It was so big they named it Diesel, partly for its size and partly because of where it lived. I was fishing off a nearby dock for stripers. The fish was hanging around for a while and i had a small spinning rod. As soon as the guys from the tackle shop saw it they got me a heavy boat rod so i could muscle the fish out from under the docks if i hooked it. I put on a whole dead herring and the fish took one look and inhaled it right in front of us. After about a ten minute fight and line chafing on the chains that hold the dock in place i hauled it up on to the dock. It was 43 inches. I have a picture of me and the fish laying on the dock and im not much taller than the fish is long.

Comment

I have two, squirrel hunting with my Dad and hunting with my wife when she killed her first buck using a traditional style muzzle loader.

Comment

Catching my first trout with my dad.

Comment

Hunting Whitetail with my Dad!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad