Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about my last ethnics question...i dont see how roading a dog until he strikes iss much different then ridding your 4wheeler to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about my last ethnics question...i dont see how roading a dog until he strikes iss much different then ridding your 4wheeler to

about my last ethnics question...i dont see how roading a dog until he strikes iss much different then ridding your 4wheeler to your hunting area...basicaly the same and you would still have to walk to the tree wich can be very far away..or hunting over a food plot isnt much different then hunting coons over bait stations...think about it and post an answer

I agree with ya. That's just the way some folks hunt. You can get the same argument with baiting, deer and dogs, or 800 yard shots. To each there own. We should not knock it just cause some don't agree with it. If it is legal so what. If people don't agree with it then they shouldn't do it. Good hunting to ya and give those hounds a pat on the head for me.

Comment

Ethics are alot about the rules you make for yourself based on your geographic location,mentors and personal experiences.We can all find fault in each others practices. In your case I think its fine if you know what your doing. I especially think only your fellow coon hunters should even try to set the ethics bar in that arena.

Comment

Well said. I mean you can't knock it till ya try it. If someone doesn't like baiting deer, then they shouldn't do it. They shouldn't make a law against it though. Baiting deer isn't much different than hunting over food plots of corn fields. Also, they say it is OK to bait coyotes and black bears, but not deer. Some people just don't get it. Thanks for posting.

Comment

exactly my point all of you thank you...and hjohn429 i like your answer

Comment

If people wanna hunt over a food plot or over bait more power too them but out in the west where I live there is to much area to do that. I dont disagree with it but the people who do cant really say they had a hard hunt when they sat in a stand and watched a field full of food. Where I live you may hike 15 miles before you even see anything.

Comment

muleynut30.06 that sounds fun..and yea y do people knock other people for baiting coons or roading dogs but they can sit in tree stands watching food plots...sure they bought the stuff for the plot but we pay for gas to road the dogs spend long hours in the field with our dogs feed our dogs and take good care of them buy lots of needed things that seem un needed to coon hunt but y do deer hunters use scent away...ive used scent away 2wice and it didnt improve my odds...ive shot many deer some with no camo and none froma tree stand or pop up blind all sittin at the base of the trees and waiting not watching food plots or corn piles..just waiting for my food to pass by..i dont disagree with food plots and you shouldnt disagree with baiting coons to increase coon hunters oddd either..no difference..each is coming to a food source 1 because both have to eat and 2 its an easier way to get good food.not all coons we tree are shot and not all deer seen are shot.lots of time and money is spent on each sport and i like hunting every animal we have in missouri.but i dont think baiting coons is any different.

Comment

if you are sitting and waiting for deer to come in, aren't you in a sense, baiting them? you are probably hunting around food sources or bedding areas anyway. and what exactly is roading a dog?

Comment

roading a dog is letting him or her run along the road while you drive a truck or atv

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad