Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite thing about hunting and fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite thing about hunting and fishing?

What is your favorite thing about hunting and fishing?

The chase. Even if i dont get one i love the chase

Comment

Actually I enjoy the 2-3 hrs a night after work in the treestand just enjoying the peace and quiet. Watching/listening to the wildlife and hoping for that shot.

Comment

Every time you see that deer or feel a bite on your rod, your heart eats uncontrollably. It NEVER gets old.

Comment

I just love being out in the middle of nowhere, no one around and it is so peaceful. Or being on the river and catfishing at night, but again it is so quiet and peaceful.

Comment

Speaking for myself, I need time away from distraction, noise, and my normal routine simply to hear my own thoughts and sort a few things out. Beyond that, I enjoy getting off the beaten track and being surrounded by the natural environment, because it seems to rearrange a few of my priorities. Every occasion I can get away seems to provide something positive, some interesting sight or some animal behavior I'd not seen before. I need that; it nourishes my soul.

Comment

brotherhood. i always go out with a few friends whenever i get to and it doesn't matter if we do'nt even see anything or get a bite or if we get a limit of whatever we're after cuz we get to hang out and just be ourselves out there. Nothing better.

Comment

Being in the outdoors. I like the peace and quiet. The more remote of a place i am, the better time i have.

Comment

driggs- I also agree with the brotherhood aspect. My best friends in life are those that i hunt and fish with.

Comment

The outdoors, solitude, clean air, ...

Comment

Being the first one on the river to watch the sun come up, seeing the sun shine through early morning mist and fog is truly a healing power. God sure has many beautiful things in this world to help health the soul.

Comment

Being outdoors alone with your thoughts.

Comment

i agree with all.
                          how can people say it is cruel to hunt when there is so much beauty when you are hunting.

Comment

I get to hang out with my dad. and enjoy mother nature.

Comment

It's just a good way to get away from things. It's even better when you got some buddies to BS and joke around with.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad