Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i am moving to indiana this summer and was woundering how huting is down there? i already know i can hunt deer there at my age,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am moving to indiana this summer and was woundering how huting is down there? i already know i can hunt deer there at my age,

i am moving to indiana this summer and was woundering how huting is down there? i already know i can hunt deer there at my age, 12. my dad talked to people there about deer hunting and i know about that, butt i woundered how turkey,squirrel and rabbit is. also is there any phesant hunting there

There's plenty of good small game hunting there. I'm not sure about pheasant but if your in S. Indiana you may be in luck cause S central Ill. has a good population that may spill over to you.

Comment

I have never been able to hunt out there but my cousins live on a farm out there around Buffalo and they tell me it great. As far as pheasants go my cousins were telling me that they have seen them around the farm so they're there but I don't know what the hunting for them is like. They have also seem a decent number of turkeys aswell. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

I live in southern Indaiana and there are loads of squirrels lots of turkey but hardly any rabbits. hope this helps

Comment

well im moving near central indi, butt probly will go to southern indiana for deer and turkey. how is squirrel near central indi like around ziensville?

Comment

Plenty of deer, squirrel, turkey, and coyotes if you'ed like to hunt them. There are pheasent resrves out here, but i've nrver hunted one. I have killed only buck (a 150+ inch 10-pointer), but there are plenty bigger ones out there. A great place for deer is Morgon-Monroe State Forest in Morgon County (about 40 miles away. For a good hunting guide go to (www.dnr.in.gov). Hope you like unpredictable wheather! Good luck and Good Hunting! Keep in touch and tell me when you move down here. Hope you like unpredictable wheather! Good luck and Good Hunting!

Comment

does any one hunt racoons with dogs down there? i heard from him that farmers lease hunting rights for deer. i wanted to know if it would be the same for coons. it seems like they would be a pest to the farmers. so i thalt thay might let me hunt coons for free.

Comment

Yes, there are plenty of coon hunters who run dogs here in southern Indiana. You can get permision without much trouble. You can get permission to hunt deer and Turkey as well. Farmers will lease land but before I went that route do that I would try to get permission or use the vast amount of public land to hunt. I am in southern Indana so there isn't much need for me to go North to hunt. Some of the top hunting prospects in southern Indiana are for deer, turkey, coon, squirrel, waterfowl, coyote, fox, dove, and some good rabbit hunting spots which are becoming fewer and farther between. Most the rabbits live inside city limits now LOL.

Comment

i am moving to pittsboro, i need to find somone who runs coon dogs that would take me and my dad along on a few hunts because i what to get coon dog and start the sport. but my dad whants me to go hunting coons at nite a few times before i get a dog, and posobly i may want to know somone that could take me and my dog hunting coons because my dad could not take me hunting often enough to keep the dog and me happy becuase of the hours you hunt them and the hours he works. thanx

Comment

Agreed with hjohn429 answer above and A + 1 for you!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad