Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone shot prairie dogs with a bow? I have! I think really helps with stalking and distance judging, it is awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone shot prairie dogs with a bow? I have! I think really helps with stalking and distance judging, it is awesome!

Has anyone shot prairie dogs with a bow? I have! I think really helps with stalking and distance judging, it is awesome!

I bet it is. Make sure you use Judo Points so that way you don't loose your arrows.

Comment

Good advice, I think I lost about 5 arrow before I realized that one. But I do think it is great practice they a quick and I have even seen them dodge an arrow. If you can hit a prarie dog at 30 yards I think you will be ok for deer season.

Comment

No prarie dogs here in Michigan, but we hunt cottontails with bows every winter. What a blast!!! Still it's hard not to lose a couple of arrows in the snow, you just try to remember where you lost them and check back in the springtime while looking for sheds and Morels.

Comment

I never have but it sounds fun

Comment

I use bludgeon tips that are the same weight as my field points and broadheads. When they hit the dirt the just stick in the ground. Judo points are good, but it can get messy...

Comment

we don't have any in mi but i shoot woodchucks with my bow alsummer long and its a blast

Comment

I don't know about judo points. They stick in an animal pretty good but also allow it to run into the hole with the arrow still stuck in the animal.
                Shooting dogs or hogs with a broadhead you have several good options. 1) A broadhead may pass thru a dog or hog allowing for easy arrow retrieval. 2) for a hog sticking up out of his hole an arrow with a broadhead shot short will often skid along the ground making good contact with the animal 3)More realistic practice for deer hunters 4) quicker kill and you can pin a hog to the ground with a broadhead. Judos don't do this. Judos are good for stump shooting or bird and squirrel but you really should have broadheads for prarie dogs or ground hogs.

I like to shoot cheap or used broadheads.

Comment

I bet it is Awesome man!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad