Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best time of year to hunt coyotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best time of year to hunt coyotes?

What is the best time of year to hunt coyotes?

All year round. But for prime pelts, now is a good time. In the Western States north of Arizona and New Mexico, I'd say from Late November thru Early March for the best pelts.

Comment

Feb to march down south here. Its great because its right after deer season. If I am not mistaken it is their breeding season about now so you can make distress pup sounds or lone female call and they respond quickly.

Comment

In the winter usually after it snows.

Comment

thanks for your answers

Comment

i always go after them when big games season ends. late december or early febuary.

Comment

If you go early in the season, say around October, you will have lots of dogs coming in, but those are the same coyotes that you will not have response to later, in February. There are a couple weeks right before the coyotes breed where I have had the worst luck. Early in the season is the best time for me. Remember they are mating in February.

Comment

I hunt them from January to March in Indiana. It is different for each state.

Comment

winter and spring is probably best.

Comment

Spring and Winter Definitely!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad