No announcement yet.

would u take a coyote with a 22 LR and how far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yodel dogs aren't hard to kill. You just have to hit 'em. I've killed several with a Ruger 10/22 and my .22/20 ga Savage 24 using the .22LR and shotgun.

The best song dog medicine is what is most handy at the time. Given the opportunity, I like to bust 'em with my .257 Roberts with 100 gr Ballistic Tips or 100 gr Hornady SP's. Yeah, I know that is way over gunned. I could use my AR, but I just like shooting my .257 Roberts M-77. I'm picking up a .22LR revolver after work today for "extra handy" medicine for possums and coyotes.

Comment

Never pass up an opportunity to rid the land of a yote. Consider it a public service. As for range for a .22 kill, that depends on you. If the dog is close enough for a head shot, take 'em.

Comment

I would go with 22 Mag or if I wanna wast money 25/06
        pretty expensive for something you can't eat.

Comment

you would have to get a really good head shot i have a .22mag and it takes em down just fine when you put a good head shot on them

Comment

get ur ruger 10/22 with a butte creek 25 round clip and hu hunker down low in the brush all como-ed out and u can get it done

Comment

thanks all i got is a 16 gauge,30-06[no ammo],and a 597 remington 22 w/scope.so save money and reach for the 22 thanks every one

Comment

Yes and 50 yards!

Comment

Yes and 50 yards!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad