Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in CO and every night on the news I see that the city is trying to kill off the coyotes because they say they are attacki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in CO and every night on the news I see that the city is trying to kill off the coyotes because they say they are attacki

I live in CO and every night on the news I see that the city is trying to kill off the coyotes because they say they are attacking people. I feel that by just shooting a few that they will breed more to make up their pack. Do you think they are doing the right thing by paying someone $60 hr to shoot coyotes on the outskirts of city limits.

$60 an hour is pretty steep. I think they should opt for the bounty system. It is way more effective and it would save taxpayer money.

Comment

Where do I apply for that job?

Comment

Same summit. But I think it couldnt hurt to kill as many of them as they can find.

Comment

I agree but I wouldnt want them to pay money to get rid of them. When hunters would do the same thing for free. But then PETA would get involved and say allowing hunters to kill them would be inhumane. Bunch of crap.

Comment

60 bucks an hour, sounds like pork barel spending to me!

HELL I GOT THER WRONG JOB!!!

Comment

Nice, i would take 60 dollars an hour for an excuse to go hunting and buy a new rfle, sweet setup! Other wise i think they should kill as many as they can, because then there would not be as many to breed. Simple logic, but it makes sense.

Comment

For a professional hunter $60/hour is dirt cheap. There are cities that spend $200/hour to shoot deer in Ohio.

Comment

buckhunter, you gotta be kidding $200/hr. I'm goning to move that's a good living!

Comment

It is unfortunate that they decided to pay someone to do what HUNTERS WILL PAY TO DO.

Comment

Goose hunter you are right though, more hunting pressure will only make them breed more often, it is wastefull spending. They probably have 3 guys doing it part time, which will never achieve the goal. A bounty system make alot more sense. If the hunters could get to the coyotes(with private land and all).

Comment

The National Park Service here in East Tennesee hires hog hunters to go in and shoot hogs for 5 months out of the year. They get to keep the meat, hunt, and get paid. Maybe they should do that there in CO.

Comment

Agreed with teufelhunden answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad