Primal Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Rights

You have heard me talk about the .17WSM (Winchester Super Mag). Here is a rifle builder that can show you what the cartridge can do and how it is so superior to he .17HRM.
    https://www.primalrights.com/rimx

I make high precision rifles like that for a hobby now that I'm retired. They can shoot with phenomenal precision pretty much regardless of the cartridge that you use. I've built them for a wide variety of cartridges from .223 Rem to .338 Lapua. They shoot well enough to win shooting contests from 100 yard bench rest to 3,000 yard extra long range competition. They all shoot and most have their specialty where they seem to excel over other cartridges.

The diminutive .17 WSM is not made for long range shooting but can achieve amazing velocity for such a small cartridge. With the ridiculously high prices of ammo, the .17 WSM just might become more popular, using less brass, powder and lead than any other 3,000 fps cartridge. That may soon be all that most Americans can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
      I make high precision rifles like that for a hobby now that I'm retired. They can shoot with phenomenal precision pretty much regardless of the cartridge that you use. I've built them for a wide variety of cartridges from .223 Rem to .338 Lapua. They shoot well enough to win shooting contests from 100 yard bench rest to 3,000 yard extra long range competition. They all shoot and most have their specialty where they seem to excel over other cartridges.

The diminutive .17 WSM is not made for long range shooting but can achieve amazing velocity for such a small cartridge. With the ridiculously high prices of ammo, the .17 WSM just might become more popular, using less brass, powder and lead than any other 3,000 fps cartridge. That may soon be all that most Americans can afford.
      This is my Savage Click image for larger version

Name:	17WSM  Savage B Mag 002.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	796740 Click image for larger version

Name:	gunnuts B mag Savage 006.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	796741 B-Mag .17WSM

Comment

Did you ever use a Kelby action? I used to shoot there, very anal group of shooters. They marked their brass and loaded it to the same reference point each round. A black marker dot on brass would always be inserted facing up, etc.
        Shot my best group there. A .284 five rounds in a .330 group - edge to edge.
        I knew the old man back in the '80's and used to watch him assemble rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          Did you ever use a Kelby action?
          Kelbly actions are nice and I like them. I just finished a 6PPC using one of their actions. I searched for weeks to find one and finally found one at Brunoshooterssupply.com. The folks at Kelbly were very helpful but it was over a six month wait buying one directly from them. That rifle shoots!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad