Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with trapping knowledge please share, what kind of traps and/or scent? how often do you check your traps? thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with trapping knowledge please share, what kind of traps and/or scent? how often do you check your traps? thanks

Anyone with trapping knowledge please share, what kind of traps and/or scent? how often do you check your traps? thanks

6 pack of Bud in the middle of a field works really good!

Comment

i have caught some raccoons in a live box trap the area i live in has to many cats and dogs for a leg trap. but also try eBay to buy some cheap trapping supplies.

Comment

check ur state but in mine its every 24 hours for non leathel sets depends what are you tying to catch? also i'd subscribe to fur fish game or trapper and predator caller or check out there web sites let me know if u need any thing else trappings a blast good luck

Comment

I usually check my traps within 24 hours of them being set. Me and a buddy of mine actually caught a beaver this morning. I like to get the castor out of the beaver and use that for bait or you can sell it if you get enough of it. I use a conibear trap in size #330. The castor is attached right next to the oil glands of the beaver.

Comment

Most states are every 24 hrs. I like to use legholds set around a deer carcass or around a big brush pile on varmint trails. Like will said FFG is a great trapping magazine with lots of info and great stories. Judd Cooney writes for FFG and some other magazines and has a lot of good information.

Comment

Use Victor traps. Trappin for bobcat didn't catch any thing. Wasn't too many out around our place this year. I also used some lure.

Comment

i trap nearly 275 coon a year just on snares. i used to use legtraps but they were expensive. simply just make the loop for raccoons about the size of ur open hand and about 3 inches off the ground on a well worn trail. trapping trails means no mess and bait to buy. stake it to the ground or if there isnt a tree near by close the loop and wrap it around a tree then bring it back through the stake loop and pull it tight around the tree. try to check them every day from a distance. ---- but this tactic is only for coons, grinners, and ground hogs. for coyotes and fox put the bottom of the loop 7 or 8 inches off the ground and abouut a 13-14 inch diameter hole. put this on a tire track trail (in the tire track) or on a hole in a fence. - go to "the Snare Shop" for cheap supplies and get the washer locks they are cheap and effective. all in all u can make 100 snares for only about 35 to 50 cents apiece. CHEAP and EFFECTIVE

Comment

I use a conibear trap in size #330.
                  http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=conibear+traps&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=49856569825&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=& hvnetw=g&hvrand=3058718672545585879&hvpone=&hvptwo =&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7opai35fvg_b

Comment

I use a conibear trap in size #330.
                    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=conibear+traps&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=49856569825&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=& hvnetw=g&hvrand=3058718672545585879&hvpone=&hvptwo =&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7opai35fvg_b

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad