.22 assortment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 assortment

Just some boxes of .22's I have over the years. Nothing particularly collectable. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0666.JPG
Views:	797
Size:	674.7 KB
ID:	765397

"Canuck" brand, never heard of that one. Made in Canada, I presume? Probably extra lethal on muskrats, spruce grouse, and tourists from Buffalo.

Comment

They are still cool Jim, some names and boxes from the past. Like Matt I like the Canuck brand .

Comment

"Canuck" is a slur nickname for Canadians and was a shot shell brand. Quite popular in the northern border states. Best I remember, Canuck was top notch and well regarded ammo in the 60's and 70's.

The green & red Rem boxes and the Win "Super X" boxes are collectibles!

Comment

Old ammo boxes are cool. Old ammo boxes full of ammo are more better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D8812D65-987E-470B-9F01-35541348AE3F.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	5.50 MB
ID:	765450

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
            Old ammo boxes are cool. Old ammo boxes full of ammo are more better.

Name:	D8812D65-987E-470B-9F01-35541348AE3F.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	5.50 MB
ID:	765450
            the ones in the photo are all full and I have the complete set of Remington Mugs of all the different hunting dogs on them and they were all full of .22lr.

Comment

The red and green Remington box in the lower right hand corner isn't full, but it's still "collectible"!
              Well...to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

the ones in the photo are all full and I have the complete set of Remington Mugs of all the different hunting dogs on them and they were all full of .22lr.
                Nice collection Jim.

Comment

Looks like you’re a little short on ammo! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
                    Looks like you’re a little short on ammo! LOL!
                    I have been taking inventory and consolidating. Just realized I have 8 box of .340. That is enough for 30 lifetimes. In other areas it looks like I am covered. If something does happen on the 17th this could turn into a hot one.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I have been taking inventory and consolidating. Just realized I have 8 box of .340. That is enough for 30 lifetimes. In other areas it looks like I am covered. If something does happen on the 17th this could turn into a hot one.
                      What's going to happen on the 17th? Isn't that National Bootlegger's Day?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

What's going to happen on the 17th? Isn't that National Bootlegger's Day?
                        Rumor has it something again in Washington DC.

Comment

I've got 2 boxes of these. The other has been broken. It's not a full box.
                          I know where I got them. I have no idea WHERE he got them, but he was a military armorer and was an armorer for a state police unit.

Name:	16102067471163007210844510450839.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	765625

Comment

I have somewhat of an assortment too. The best old , not made anymore, rounds I have are several bricks of Winchester Stingers. They are noticeably faster than regular 22 shells. My Son-In-Law tricked out a Ruger 10-22 for our pararie dog hunt a couple years ago. He used the Stingers and killed over 400 pararie dogs with them. I wish they made them still they gave the 22 quite a boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post
                              I have somewhat of an assortment too. The best old , not made anymore, rounds I have are several bricks of Winchester Stingers. They are noticeably faster than regular 22 shells. My Son-In-Law tricked out a Ruger 10-22 for our pararie dog hunt a couple years ago. He used the Stingers and killed over 400 pararie dogs with them. I wish they made them still they gave the 22 quite a boost.
                              I only have one box of Stingers left. I never had good luck with them. The fastest now is the Aquilia Interceptor .22lr 40gr bullet. The go about 1470fps if I remember. Expensive, about $6.00/50 a few years ago. Not recommended for handguns.
                              A lot of the 'high speed' .22 ammo get the speed by reducing the weight of the bullet. Aquilia is a full 40gr bullet. They use the priming method used by Ely for the U.S. Olympic team.
                              Stingers are made by CCI.
                              Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-15-2021, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad