Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my brother bought a pellet gun that shots 800 feet per second do u guys think it can kill a rabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my brother bought a pellet gun that shots 800 feet per second do u guys think it can kill a rabbit

my brother bought a pellet gun that shots 800 feet per second do u guys think it can kill a rabbit

it should. Iv'e killed rabbits with a red ryder bb gun before

Comment

Yeah I have killed rabbits with a red ryder bb gun also, you should def. be able to kill rabbits with them. I also have killed small game with a sling shot. 800 ft per sec is fast! Good luck!

Comment

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, that should be plenty of power, especially if you hit the rabbit in the appropriate place.

Comment

Welcome! But I shot my ram in area 213 in Montana. It was the best hunting adventure I've been on yet. Beautiful scenery and bighorn sheep are an amazing animal. I would recomend putting in your home state if you have sheep (it's a lot cheaper) and if not put in out of state! It's defintly worth every penny. Unit 213 had a lot of sheep and saw about 40 diff. rams. Check out the pictures on my profile and you can see some of the stuff I was hunting. It's tought but fun!

Comment

Sheephunter did you hunt sheep with a pellet gun? laughing

My pellet gun has accounted for a couple dozen vegetable eating rabbits in my garden. Just keep the range under 20 yds.

Comment

800 fps is plenty to kill rabbits. Gamo also has pellets the will bump up the power to about 1050 fps, they are about $8 for a pack of 100. pellet guns also work great on small dogs and cats. Just kidding i would never shoot my own dog, but the neighbours cat is another story. just kidding.

Comment

500fps will work, but you owe it to the animal to use at least 800

Comment

Without a doubt it will. Like the other guys said you can kill them with a Red Ryder if you are close enough. After my dad and I planted 300 trees on our property we had a problem with rabbits munching on them. The ol' Daisy pellet gun became a rabbit herd thinner and worked great.

Comment

Yes it will and it's pretty fun too.

Comment

Let’s see here, if a 45ACP is at 850fps and can kill a person, it would seem logical a pellet gun can do the same.

Comment

I have a Powerline 880s and it's 750 fps and kills rabbits, squirrels and blackbirds easily.

Comment

same as T

Comment

Yea, itll kill em very easy.

Comment

Just aim for the vitals and you will have no problem, out to around 25 yds, maybe 30. I have a 1000 fps Gamo that i made a clean kill at 70 yds on a rabbit. Though that's admittedly a stretch.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad