X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet, maybe tomorrow or monday

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Should we quarantine for the flu? Just let it run its course . It's been world wide for longer than people think! Against most people it will be have mild symptoms! No matter what they do it's spreading! That's what viruses do!

You shoot that Taurus yet?
      Maybe tomorrow or Mon. I have a softer hammer spring coming so may wait for that. Also ordered .22lr tubes to load tube fed .22 rifles - I have two of them. Hope I have all when I get ready to go to range.

p.s. CDC and others have been watching this variant virus for years waiting to see if it would jump from animal to human. Guess what, there are more viruses from where this one came from that also have not yet jumped from animals to humans. The jungle of New Guinea, for example, have virology lab outposts who study the viruses the animals (monkeys) carry. Corovid-19 has recently already mutated into two different strains. They present a moving target for those trying to produce a vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Maybe tomorrow or Mon. I have a softer hammer spring coming so may wait for that. Also ordered .22lr tubes to load tube fed .22 rifles - I have two of them. Hope I have all when I get ready to go to range.

p.s. CDC and others have been watching this variant virus for years waiting to see if it would jump from animal to human. Guess what, there are more viruses from where this one came from that also have not yet jumped from animals to humans. The jungle of New Guinea, for example, have virology lab outposts who study the viruses the animals (monkeys) carry. Corovid-19 has recently already mutated into two different strains. They present a moving target for those trying to produce a vaccine.
        I'm not going to worry about a virus asteroid or anything else. There is a million things that can end it pretty quick. I'm just going to live my life!

Comment

I got my speed loader(s) for revolver and tube feed rifles. Unfortunately the tube loaders are opposite of each other - JC Higgins is bullet up and Mossberg butt load is Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3310.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	726784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3302.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	726785Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3311.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	726786 bullet down. But, they will work. Case and Bee Loader is for .22mag revolver.

Comment

I got my speed loader(s) for revolver and tube feed rifles. Unfortunately the tube loaders are opposite of each other - JC Higgins is bullet up and Mossberg butt load is Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3310.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	726784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3302.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	726785Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3311.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	726786 bullet down. But, they will work. Case and Bee Loader is for .22mag revolver.
            Several years ago I bought two tube feed speed loaders, 1for 22 LR and the other for 22WMR. They were so admired, I bought others for shooting buddies as gifts.

I got them from Cheaper Than Dirt. The beauty of them is they are a cylinder of 7 tubes with a lift and turn cap so it really is a multiple speed loader.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post

Several years ago I bought two tube feed speed loaders, 1for 22 LR and the other for 22WMR. They were so admired, I bought others for shooting buddies as gifts.

I got them from Cheaper Than Dirt. The beauty of them is they are a cylinder of 7 tubes with a lift and turn cap so it really is a multiple speed loader.
              I looked for that one and could not find it.

BTW, 66 deg today

Comment

I looked for that one and could not find it.

BTW, 66 deg today
                They are called Spee-D-Loader. No web address on it but they are made by Emerald Enterprises. 8 tubes, not 7. Available at Brownell's. Mfr now listed as MTP Enterprises llc.
                Last edited by franchi20; 03-11-2020, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I got my replacement hammer spring for my Taurus Tracker from Wolf. Original is 12#, replacement is 10#. Not difficult to change once you figure it out. Hammer feels good and so long as there are no misfires I will be happy.

Comment

Not to be a turd, but w Taurus rimfire and hammer spring lighter, expect misfires.

Comment

I will find out when it warms a little more and I get to the range.

Comment

Can always put the heavier spring back in. Not a show stopper

Comment

Well, finally another chance to get to the range. It is suppose to be in the 60's Thur and Fri. I am still packed from before so it won't take long to get going.

Comment

Got to the range to function fire my latest purchases. I shot betewwn rain storms and a T-Storm warning. Never did see a T-Storm.
                            Both the Taurus Tracker and Mossbers semi auto shot fine. I did accidentally shoot the lr in the magnum cylender and they fired fine. The lighter hammer spring is a big improvement and I did not have any miss-fire or squib. Did not have time to work on sight-in scope.

Comment

What's your opinion of the Mossberg overall? One thing about the one I had that I liked was how quiet it was. The semi auto action and long barrel took a lot of the crack out of the report. You could actually hear the action work.

Comment

I really like the Mossberg, very well designed and built. Interesting ad, Mossberg says you really don't have to clean it until about 500 rounds. I don't know if I will wait that long. I shot Winchester Super X Mags in the Tracker, but like I said I was in a hurry and did not sight in scope.
                                The Taurus Tracker shot fine. I made a mistake and shot some lr Aqulia Interceptors in the mag cylinder but they fired fine. The Interceptors (fastest full 40gr. .22lr round made) did have a rather loud report in the Taurus with the 6.5 barrel. Even with muffs on. Did not check it for accuracy either. I had just enough time to shoot and then it started raining.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Stevens 301 vs ATI NOMAD
                                  by fitch270
                                  Different gun, yours was the O/U, this one is a single shot. Different outsourcing....
                                  Today, 08:08 PM
                                • Stevens 301 vs ATI NOMAD
                                  by Ghosty
                                  i want your advice on which shotgun i should buy which brand is better i was told stevens is made in china and ATI is made in the us in south carolina...
                                  Today, 08:30 AM
                                • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                                  by fitch270
                                  Dewman: Sorry if this hit a little close to home, didn't mean to open any wounds.

OHH: Our appointment is with a very good lawyer for this...
                                  Today, 08:06 PM
                                • Prepping: No, not TP
                                  by fitch270
                                  Sorry in advance for this, but I'm blaming the morbid sob's on here for the inspiration.

My wife and I scheduled an estate planning appointment...
                                  Today, 07:14 PM
                                • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  One of my many former vocations was a law clerk, so yes I have taken care of my and my daughter's wills and power of attorney. You need to call a lawyer...
                                  Today, 07:49 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X