Slingshots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingshots?

Ive recently found my slingshot (probably need to replace the rubber) and i wanna give it a try on some rabbits? I would like to use that in place of my .17 HMR since they are pretty close. Hearing some tips and stories would be great! What do y'all use for ammo? Share some pictures maybe?

I've never used a slingshot to take game. Please let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Little difference here.
      Are you talking about the old Y shaped wooden affair with inner tube strips or are you talking about the metal rig that braces against your arm with surgical tubing we called a "Wrist Rocket"?

WalMart used to sell steel ball bearings for slingshot ammo. They work great.

I had my "Wrist Rocket" with me at work one day. I caught a squirrel in a pecan tree nearby.
      The ball bearing caught the squirrel squarely in the chest and dropped him out of the tree.
      When I got to the squirrel, he was laying on his back, the wound evident on his chest, gasping for air.
      I could have stepped on his head and killed him but I didn't. Within about 30 to 45 seconds, he finally regained his breath and scampered off, no worse for the wear and tear except for, I'm sure, one heck of a bruised chest!

Rabbits, as best I can tell, are more susceptible to a sling shot.
      Poor rabbit!
      I think God put them on earth to offer stupid humans an easy meal! LOL!
      I've killed them with a stick!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
        Little difference here.
        Are you talking about the old Y shaped wooden affair with inner tube strips or are you talking about the metal rig that braces against your arm with surgical tubing we called a "Wrist Rocket"?

WalMart used to sell steel ball bearings for slingshot ammo. They work great.

I had my "Wrist Rocket" with me at work one day. I caught a squirrel in a pecan tree nearby.
        The ball bearing caught the squirrel squarely in the chest and dropped him out of the tree.
        When I got to the squirrel, he was laying on his back, the wound evident on his chest, gasping for air.
        I could have stepped on his head and killed him but I didn't. Within about 30 to 45 seconds, he finally regained his breath and scampered off, no worse for the wear and tear except for, I'm sure, one heck of a bruised chest!

Rabbits, as best I can tell, are more susceptible to a sling shot.
        Poor rabbit!
        I think God put them on earth to offer stupid humans an easy meal! LOL!
        I've killed them with a stick!
        Thats a funny story about the squirl! Haha mustve spooked ya when it jumped up and rand off.

I have a wrist rocket right know but turned regular "y" shape when the forearm part broke off. So im gonna have to work with what i have for now. Gonna keep looking into it as its bunny i wanna take down. Ill look into bearings. Right now i have some 1/4" shots i had gotten at academy.

Downside, bunny are only active here during the night, unless im just not seeing them during the day so aiming would be hard to see.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
          I've never used a slingshot to take game. Please let us know how it turns out.
          Pighunter, Ill be sure to share my troubles and triumphs. Its only about day 4 on here and i like the responsiveness!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad