Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing "All's Clear" with the flip up and a little squirrel chasing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing "All's Clear" with the flip up and a little squirrel chasing.

Got 6 of us together this morning to drive some logging trails looking for squirrels with our 22 pistols. Too hot, nothing moving. We went back to the shop and set up a couple flip ups and played "All's Clear". I came in 5th beating last place by 2 and losing to 4th by 7. Oh well. Browning, S&W, Ruger, and High Standard represented. 4 autos, 2 revolvers. Something to do till the weather breaks anyway. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1570.PNG
Views:	198
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	715323

This is what the actual targets are in case you're curious Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1192.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	715325

Comment

What distance do you shoot these at? Looks like they'd be fun with .22 rifles as well, wondering how much oomph it takes to spin them up.

The one downside to shooting the league is that I worry about the boy getting sloppy if we just plink. In three matches this year he's shot a 269, 277 and 270. I can't bring myself to let him mess with the 10/22.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        What distance do you shoot these at? Looks like they'd be fun with .22 rifles as well, wondering how much oomph it takes to spin them up.

The one downside to shooting the league is that I worry about the boy getting sloppy if we just plink. In three matches this year he's shot a 269, 277 and 270. I can't bring myself to let him mess with the 10/22.
        With pistols, about 20 yds, rifles 75 yds. We can brace our arms but wrists, hands, and pistol have to be free.

Comment

We went back to the shop and set up a couple flip ups and played "All's Clear". I came i audacity temp mail origin n 5th beating last place by 2 and losing to 4th by 7. Oh well. Browning, S&W,
          Last edited by ADYLATYSA; 11-05-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to End of an era
            by Milldawg
            Dew man guy who owns the land a farm of his wants the spot so I’m out. All of this started since there is monster running around out there....
            Today, 11:10 PM
          • End of an era
            by Milldawg
            Well lost my hunting spot of 7 years last Saturday. So now I’m joining the lease crowd. Any advice this will be my first year leasing ground next year....
            Today, 03:35 PM
          • Reply to Season ends
            by WA Mtnhunter
            I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
            Today, 10:39 PM
          • Season ends
            by Ontario Honker Hunter
            On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
            Today, 12:41 AM
          • Reply to Virginia Gun Confiscation !
            by Sarge01
            If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.
            Today, 10:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X