Too Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I just looked at the owners manual and found something interesting. You sight in at any power at 50 yds with 40 gr .22lr high speed ammo. BUT, after sighting in the hold overs are only calibrated to work at a full 7X. Keep that in mind for long shots. Jim
    Interesting. I mainly use my bolt action with a suppressor and subsonic ammo. The scope should be delivered tomorrow so perhaps I'll get a chance to sight-in this weekend.

Comment

You sight in at any power at 50 yds with 40 gr .22lr high speed ammo. BUT, after sighting in the hold overs are only calibrated to work at a full 7X
      That's why FFP scopes are a thing. Is this scope a zero-stop?

Comment

AF I don't know what a zero stop is .

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Jim, thanks for mentioning this scope. I've just ordered one for my Ruger American Rimfire. Right now it has a $36 Simmons 22mag 3-9x32.

I also ordered another product at significant discount for less than half price. It's Walker electronic earmuffs with bluetooth, $80
          https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101712898?pid=228919
          I bought a pair of those muffs last spring. As best I can recall I paid $95. They are really nice for listening to podcasts while operating machinery as well as for range time.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post

I bought a pair of those muffs last spring. As best I can recall I paid $95. They are really nice for listening to podcasts while operating machinery as well as for range time.
            That's great to know. I too wear hearing protection with loud equipment and at the range. These will also be used while hunting and when canoeing. Sometimes I have a 1 hour paddle to get back to the boat landing after sunset and like to talk with PigHuntress along the way. The bluetooth feature will allow be to keep the phone in a dry bag. The sound magnification and quick cut-off will help when hunting in the woods.

Comment

It looks like it has exposed turrets, for corrections as needed in windage and elevation. After you dial up the windage you need, some turrets have a stop to return to zero.

Second focal plane scopes are set to a certain power, usually the highest. If you dial in the corrections, the magnification setting doesn't matter.

Comment

AF, Both scopes I bought recently have turrets that you can reset to zero after sighting in. You loosen a set screw, set to zero and tighten set screw.

Have to return the AR 2X7. The collar on the power ring blocks the full rearward movement of the bolt. Be good for a semi auto. I am going to look at the prostaff 3X9.
                Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-04-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I am taking the 8X scope off my .22 bolt action rifle. Too much power for off hand shooting. I bought the 2X7 Bushnell from Midway for $79., free shipping. Actually included a brick of .22's and they shipped for free as well. Scope has Mil dot reticle hold over reticle. . On sale for $100 off.
                  The smallest scopes I have on any of my rifles including .22 is a 3x9x40. If I want less power I just turn it back. My buddies know what my famous saying about scopes is you can't hit them if you can't see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post

The smallest scopes I have on any of my rifles including .22 is a 3x9x40. If I want less power I just turn it back. My buddies know what my famous saying about scopes is you can't hit them if you can't see them.
                    I replaced the 8X with a Tasco World Class 3X9 that I forgot I had. I think I can shoot it o.k. off hand at about 4X. Going to a silhouette match in a couple weeks so we will see. Targets are between 40 and 100 yds. I will use the Aquila full 40gr l.r. at 1470fps. You need some extra poop to knock the target over at 100 yds. Sighted at 50 yds I will have about a 9" hold over. I can't believe some guys shoot rimfire handguns in the match.

Comment

AF, Both scopes I bought recently have turrets that you can reset to zero after sighting in. You loosen a set screw, set to zero and tighten set screw.

Have to return the AR 2X7. The collar on the power ring blocks the full rearward movement of the bolt. Be good for a semi auto. I am going to look at the prostaff 3X9.
                      That sucks about the collar but that is why I keep coming back here. Nothing better than first hand experience. I'm glad you posted all this. Will store in my mind for future reference. Thank you jhjimbo. Appreciated.

Comment

I rec'd the Bushnell AR 2X7 today. Looks good so far. I like the extended power lever and 2 lengths included. Also, they fold flat for gun case filezilla uc browser rufus. The hold over dots are calibrated with 50 yd zero using 40gr high velocity ammo.
                        I bought the 2X7 Bushnell from Midway for $79., free shipping. Actually included a brick of .22's and they shipped for free as well. Scope has Mil dot reticle hold over reticle. . On sale for $100 off.
                        Last edited by ADYLATYSA; 11-03-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADYLATYSA View Post

I bought the 2X7 Bushnell from Midway for $79., free shipping. Actually included a brick of .22's and they shipped for free as well. Scope has Mil dot reticle hold over reticle. . On sale for $100 off.
                          This posting was also stolen from Sarge01, post #23 above by this turd adylatysa. His account needs to be removed by admin .

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad