Too Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much

I am taking the 8X scope off my .22 bolt action rifle. Too much power for off hand shooting. I bought the 2X7 Bushnell from Midway for $79., free shipping. Actually included a brick of .22's and they shipped for free as well. Scope has Mil dot reticle hold over reticle. . On sale for $100 off.

I saw that too. Very nice. Let us know how it works out. Your thoughts on image quality, fit, finish, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1568.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	715213 accuracy of adjustments, you know the regular rundown.Was in St. Louis yesterday to watch the Cards win the NL central. Packed stadium, parking and leaving a nightmare. Ate too much, spent WAY too much $$$.

Comment

I have several Bushnell optics and have been pleased with them, no reason to think you made a bad choice but that scope would look more at home on a 10/22 than a typical bolt 22. What rifle do you have it on?

The Weaver GS 4-16 I’m running on my CZ is way overkill, but I got a great deal on it and couldn’t pass. Main problem is it won’t focus down to 50’ over 6x. I was shooting offhand at 9x with the Legend Ultra HD that is now on my wife’s rifle. Natchez was selling the Weaver RV-9’s for $189, I’d like to pick one up but my wife’s been cool with the elk trip and I don’t want to push my luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        I saw that too. Very nice. Let us know how it works out. Your thoughts on image quality, fit, finish, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1568.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	715213 accuracy of adjustments, you know the regular rundown.Was in St. Louis yesterday to watch the Cards win the NL central. Packed stadium, parking and leaving a nightmare. Ate too much, spent WAY too much $$$.
        Goal of mine is to get the boy to a game at Yankee Stadium before he graduates. Never been myself either. Won’t be cheap, but I’m sure worth it.

Comment

I haven't been to a game in forever.
          Have not been to a Cubs game since they added lights.
          Did see Johny Bench get thrown out at the plate when trying for an inside the park home run at Riverfront.
          Yeah, been a while LOL

Comment

Have a 3-9X EFR Freedom VX on my 10/22 target rig.
            CZ455 has a 2-7X VX1 reg rifle scope
            And my beater fingergroove.............has nothing on it at the moment.
            Would like a 4X M8 Compact, people want too much for em on certain auction site.

Would slap a straight 6X AO Leupold on the target rig, but those scopes too much $ used.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
              Have a 3-9X EFR Freedom VX on my 10/22 target rig.
              CZ455 has a 2-7X VX1 reg rifle scope
              And my beater fingergroove.............has nothing on it at the moment.
              Would like a 4X M8 Compact, people want too much for em on certain auction site.

Would slap a straight 6X AO Leupold on the target rig, but those scopes too much $ used.
              My groundhog hunting buddy uses a Leopold 8X with a dot that he had Leopold replace with a smaller one. If the grass is not too high he can hit them to 500+ with his Ruger 77 6mm.

Comment

I had a 10x AO w CPC on my first 700. Was .243 win and hammered some chucks.

Comment

I rec'd the Bushnell AR 2X7 today. Looks good so far. I like the extended power lever and 2 lengths included. Also, they fold flat for gun case. The hold over dots are calibrated with 50 yd zero using 40gr high velocity ammo.

Comment

I went the opposite direction, taking off a 4x Bushnell on a 10/22 and replacing it with XS Sights. So far, my reaction is mixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190820_195533.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	715390Click image for larger version

Name:	20190820_195609.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	715391Click image for larger version

Name:	20190820_195245.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	715392

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      I rec'd the Bushnell AR 2X7 today. Looks good so far. I like the extended power lever and 2 lengths included. Also, they fold flat for gun case. The hold over dots are calibrated with 50 yd zero using 40gr high velocity ammo.
                      Jim, thanks for mentioning this scope. I've just ordered one for my Ruger American Rimfire. Right now it has a $36 Simmons 22mag 3-9x32.

I also ordered another product at significant discount for less than half price. It's Walker electronic earmuffs with bluetooth, $80
                      https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101712898?pid=228919

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        Didn't notice the lever fold flat feature. Worth having for sure. Two of you guys having one should make for a thorough review.

Comment

This is a comparison of the 8X I am taking off my .22.

Bushnell had a nice 1.5X8-26 on sale but it was sold out. That would be an interesting scope on a .22. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3162.JPG Views:	2 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	715409
                          Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-02-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

Didn't notice the lever fold flat feature. Worth having for sure. Two of you guys having one should make for a thorough review.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Jim, thanks for mentioning this scope. I've just ordered one for my Ruger American Rimfire. Right now it has a $36 Simmons 22mag 3-9x32.

I also ordered another product at significant discount for less than half price. It's Walker electronic earmuffs with bluetooth, $80
                              https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101712898?pid=228919
                              I just looked at the owners manual and found something interesting. You sight in at any power at 50 yds with 40 gr .22lr high speed ammo. BUT, after sighting in the hold overs are only calibrated to work at a full 7X. Keep that in mind for long shots. Jim

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad