X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a fixed 4 x Nikon Prostaff on my 10-22, and it's a shooter. However, like most rifles, it has preferences. It doesn't like lighter bullets, it doesn't cycle hollow points reliably, and it prefers faster loads. It really loves the 40 grain round nose "mini-magnum" loadings from CCI and Remington. I shot about 8 different loadings before I got that figured out. I bought it as my range warm-up gun, and I used to let my daughter shoot it while I was dickering with my bigger rifles, and she would blow through a couple hundred rounds in no time (shooting, not spraying). She had such a big smile on her face that I gave her the gun.

Comment

I have the newer slightly taller Weaver base 430T ? The older two slot base would not allow the Burris Signature Zee rings to slide on (hit on receiver). Looked through my old pics, evidently I ran regular Zee rings on the old bases. Dunno if new regular Zee rings are the same.

Anyway, the medium Signatures Zees sit higher than the medium regular Zees. And with the slightly taller base........the scope sits too high.
        So.............need different rings. Will try to test w my old Leupold 2-7X VX1 set around 4X at 25 yards. Can't go above 6X at 50 yards, lose focus.

Maybe shoot it tomorrow. Try some ugly Leupold Rifleman rings.

Yanked the scope off my CZ........I like that little rifle. Thought about swapping trigger groups on my 10/22 since one has a Volq hammer...........like that gun too. Hell, I might keep all three and sell my Contender frame for new scope money LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
          I have the newer slightly taller Weaver base 430T ? The older two slot base would not allow the Burris Signature Zee rings to slide on (hit on receiver). Looked through my old pics, evidently I ran regular Zee rings on the old bases. Dunno if new regular Zee rings are the same.

Anyway, the medium Signatures Zees sit higher than the medium regular Zees. And with the slightly taller base........the scope sits too high.
          So.............need different rings. Will try to test w my old Leupold 2-7X VX1 set around 4X at 25 yards. Can't go above 6X at 50 yards, lose focus.

Maybe shoot it tomorrow. Try some ugly Leupold Rifleman rings.

Yanked the scope off my CZ........I like that little rifle. Thought about swapping trigger groups on my 10/22 since one has a Volq hammer...........like that gun too. Hell, I might keep all three and sell my Contender frame for new scope money LOL
          My 2 piece bases are Redfield and the rings came on a Bushnell scope I got with my Savage B Mag. They have the two way clamps so there is enough clearance available to receiver. Did you ever shoot the 10/22 in .22mag ?

Comment

Never shot the 10/22 mag. They fetch a good penny nowadays.
            Never considered one really.
            Been on the hunt for a Sav/Anschutz 141M.
            Had a couple Win 9422Ms...........try as I might, they aint my cup o tea.

Comment

My .22 mag is a Henry lever action. It's a fun rifle and so far I've killed two pigs with it

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                My .22 mag is a Henry lever action. It's a fun rifle and so far I've killed two pigs with it
                how is the accuracy with the henry?

Comment

This is sale and close out time for suppliers. Came across a good one at Midsouth Shooters Supply. Entire line of RCBS dies on closeout - including lots of hard to find ones. Ammo and bullets also marked down I bet you can not check it out without finding something you need or want. I found .340Weatherby ammo reg. $95 on closeout for $37.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

how is the accuracy with the henry?
                    Jimbo, the accuracy is acceptable for me when shooting the Henry. My hunting load is the CCI Maxi-Mag and I was able to find this pic of a sight-in target. That was 5 shots in 1.25 inches at 50 yards from the bench using a Weaver fixed 4x scope. As noted before, I'm not the best marksman so I'm sure the rifle is capable of better even if I'm not.

One thing about lever actions that I'm sure you know when shooting from a bench, cycling the action makes you readjust your hold for every shot. That's something you won't need to deal with using that new semi-auto.

Click image for larger version  Name:	22 Mag CCI MaxiMag 40gr HP 2017_09_01 ar.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	699895
                    Last edited by PigHunter; 01-05-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Saw a clean 10/22 DSP at a small shop. Older model w buttplate, not pad.
                      Had junk rings/scope on it.
                      I have the target build 10/22 and my fingergroove, and the CZ still.............what the heck would I do with another 10/22?
                      Need to stay away from that place, lest it come home with me. Could hog it for a GM taper heavy bbl.................

Comment

I would love a 10/22 but I can't hunt with it here in the great commonwealth.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad