Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am hoping to go rabbit hunting with my .22 in the near future. One problem... I have no idea how to go about it. Tips? (Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This spring will make things easier if their in season in your state.like the other guys were saying you can creep on them in the sunny mornings.We would go with shotguns and stomp on brushpiles and make a lot of noise.The only problem with this is that 90% of the time they dont ever quarter giving you a good shot.They are usually running away.And you don't want to waste the good legs.Also when you are walking take maybe 3 to 5 steps and then wait still. If you keep doing this they run more instead of hiding and you ealk right by.

Comment

Agreed with kjflorian answer above and A + 1 for you!!!

Comment

Here's some tips and tricks:
        -I use a bolt action .22 magnum with a scope for longer out shots
        - place only head shots and shoot out to only around 50 yards
        -get on the top of a hill around 9:00am to 11:00am and hunt the south facing side (do this especially if the field is clear and vegitated with small shrubs
        -hunt with a buddy, this maximizes the chance of harvesting a rabbit
        -look up state wildlife areas to find a place that you like to hunt, and talk around I found one of my favorite rabbit hunting areas just listening to a friend of mine
        -carry lots of shells and try a shotgun once or twice, you may enjoy it more (rabbits will run)
        -try and hunt in the snow as often as you can it makes it easier to track bunnies
        Most of all I want you to enjoy yourself in the outdoors, good luck!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad