Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a .22 on a small budget. What is the best bang for the buck? The rifle will be used to shoot small farm vermin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Plotner
    replied
    NNOOOOO!! get you a henry you can pass it down to your grandchildern and them to theres!! it also looks pretty to

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Scott in Ohio and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• mcdlacrosse9
    replied
    Ruger 10/22 is very effective for the price and you can find some great deal since there are so many of them around. They also offer a good deal of accessories for them (especially bigger mags) that really help with pest control and make target shooting much more fun.

Leave a comment:

• maj1996
    replied
    they have a very nice marlin at wall mart . Itis semiatomatic.

Leave a comment:

• Storm Hall
    replied
    The comment by Reid Jones surprised me alittle he has the ruger emblem as his ID and suggested a marlin. Just thought that was funny. Marlin does make a good .22 though

Leave a comment:

• hunter99
    replied
    I would either get a marling or a ruger long lasting not the most exspensive and last for ever.

Leave a comment:

• jbird
    replied
    Same as above, Ruger 10/22

Leave a comment:

• fisher girl
    replied
    I have a Ruger 10/22 and I'm very happy with it. I don't use it for varmit control, though it would probably do the job.

Leave a comment:

• TonyK
    replied
    Thanks for the help, it sounds like the Ruger 10/22 may be the way to go!

Leave a comment:

• BlackWater
    replied
    I have to agree with the Ruger 10/22. Plus if you ever wanted to upgrade down the road they make conversion systems to make it into a Mach22. The 10/22 is very customizable.

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    RUGER 10/22. You can get one in a pawn shop for $100.00 + and if "shot out you can "gunsmith" it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    I'll throw another one in there for the Ruger 10/22, Savage also makes a fine .22, for the bit less.

Leave a comment:

• Teodoro
    replied
    If you're in Penna., it's worth noting that the 10/22 isn't a legal hunting rifle. If it's vermin on your own farm, I'm not sure how much you'd care, but it's just out there for consideration.

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    Ruger 10/22, hard to beat for a knock around varmint exterminator....

Leave a comment:

• GiantWhitetails
    replied
    marlins wont let you down

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad