Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to clean a coon? Also the best way to cook it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to clean a coon? Also the best way to cook it.

What is the best way to clean a coon? Also the best way to cook it.

i think i would just tube it out like if i was going to sell the pelt . but dont know about cooking one i have never eaten one but have heard they are good. i think i might try roasting the haunches to try to get some of the grease out of it. look on line i am sure there are recipes out there for them

Comment

I've only eaten raccoon once. It was good but greasy. I don't hunt coon but I have killed a few that not only made me mad for tearing my trash cans up but when they actually tried tearing my screen door down to get into the house, I'd had enough. At my former work I got along with everybody but, I had a few close friends that were black and one of them found out I disposed of the critters. He told me he could make the raccoons better than I had ate, and always give them to him. I'm sure it's true that someone could make it a little better than I had it.

Comment

I use to run a trap line of 200 sets with my dad and we strictly went after raccoon. My dad worked at a steel mill and had plenty of brothers willing to buy the them. He said that barbecued (slow cooked) them for about 8 hours. We always left one paw attached so folks could tell they were not possums, cats, etc.....

Comment

338 Win Mag works good!

Comment

you want coon recipes go on line there are loads of them . coon stew , slow cooked coon as jay said, roast coon with stuffing . and on and on . sounds good think i might have to set some iron for them , and em give a try myself this fall.

Comment

Well now....i have never heard of eating a coon. but i can imagine it tastes like chicken!!!LOL just like everything else!!

Comment

If it is a male raccoon then be sure to extract and save the toothpick.

Comment

dont know haw to ciik but hang it up buy its legs a the same as a deer exsept dont cut the belly fur

Comment

Agreed with cooner and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Here you go!
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEvKiuKbXwM

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad