Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright guys, I have a problem fox on my property. My options are pretty much my crossbow. I've got 100 gr broadheads for deerhu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grant77
    replied
    get a rabit distress call. then use some kind of decoy.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with cooner and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dustin321BANG
    replied
    care must be taken with foxes, they have a tendencey to get rabbies. on the other hand...good luck! the first animal i ever cot was a fox and i will tell you how to catch it. first find a like haph wooden berral or a goodsized box, the heavyer the better. if its too lite you can allways tie on some rocks so that when it falls the animal cant lift it up and get out. also you shood try and get somthing you can see through at least one spot, like have the top with wire mesh so you can shoot throug it an dknow wat it is so you dont get sprayed by a skunk! you need three sticks or metal rods and also some fishing kind make out of like cloth fibers, garilla fishingline with 50 lb test works good, just as long as the string dosnt strech. pute two metal rods in the ground and the third one stays out of the ground to hold the box up. you then run the fishingline around the two rods and tie it to the the one holding the box at the top of the rod. you mite have to bend the rods that are in the ground so the line dosnt slip off. nex cut the line so you can tie food on to it and lie that in the middle. When the animal goes under the trap and grabs the food and pulls it it will pull down the rod holdig the box, and the box will fall ontop of the animal and trap it inside. please let me know if it works, i have used it to catch countless skunks and a few foxes in my area

Leave a comment:

• bo
    replied
    i disagree with survivorman about not trapping them a dirthole set would great i would set with 2 traps around the entrance of the den if covered properly and done scent free they should not be a problem to catch especially if its a grey fox and if snares are legal in your state i wouldnt bother with any other set fox are like deer in the sense that they run the same trails regularly set snares on the trails out from the den aways so as not to disturb the den and it should be just a matter of days

Leave a comment:

• hunter99
    replied
    i would some time past 12 am. with a wounded rabbit call and lure them with a electric wounded rabbit.

Leave a comment:

• survivorman
    replied
    use a 12 gauge with buckshot or turkey loads and find the foxes den stuff it with leaves and light it pee on the leaves first to get them to smoke and the fox will soon come out of the other entrance. dont even try to trap them they are to smart but this will work for sure if they are in the den because they will either come out and you will get a shot off or if they are stupid and they dont come out the smoke will kill them

Leave a comment:

• NYhunter
    replied
    A 12ga with number 5 or 6's.

Leave a comment:

• NolanOsborne
    replied
    Not in the city, where i live i can legally hunt them, but their are neighbors somewhat close by.

Leave a comment:

• libertyfirst
    replied
    Jay
    What's a dirt hole set?

Leave a comment:

• BuckTheSystem
    replied
    Are you in a city and need to stay on the down low? If so try going after him around dusk/into the dark. They eat meat so out some dinner leftovers out as your bait and wait in the dark.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter Savage
    replied
    you can try a rabbit in distress call or a wood pecker in distress call ,both will work for fox or coyote .some electronic calls also have a pup in distress call mainly for coyotes but it might peak a foxes interest as well. or a simple bait pile of meat scraps and canned dog food will work and just sit in the evening or early morning and wait for it to show up . it kind of sounds more like a coyote if it is taking cats on a regular basis . you stand a chance of getting a fox to go in to a large live trap as well if you camouflage it well with grass and brush . either way good luck to you

Leave a comment:

• NolanOsborne
    replied
    no chickens, they took my last two cats, and it is around in odd hours of the day, in the middle of the day, walking down streets and such. I have already called the Ministry of Natural Resources and they told me it is most likely just not afraid of humans. I know it is not rabid, it is healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter Savage
    replied
    jim in mo if they have chickens the fox will be around trust me . and come at just about any time of the day from my experience . but i will take a fox over a raccoon any day of the week .when you get awaken up by two coons fighting in the tree out side your bed room window at two in the morning over a sleeping hen you will know what i mean . but happily it is nothing a 12 gauge and spot light wont take care of. although a few questions might have to be answered to neighbors . but like you say if it is pets, small to mid size dogs its a yote . small cat it could be a fox .

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    I don't really think this is the best way to go about it, but I've been hunted by fox while turkey hunting plenty of times. Oh how they flip out when they realize you are not a turkey.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Like Jim in Mo says, fox usually don't cause problems. If you do have a problem fox, might be best to set a dirt hole set wherever he is giving you the problem.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad