Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is for you predator hunters. Lets say your calling coyotes and one comes in and you take it, after you have shot and expose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is for you predator hunters. Lets say your calling coyotes and one comes in and you take it, after you have shot and expose

This is for you predator hunters. Lets say your calling coyotes and one comes in and you take it, after you have shot and exposed yourself, can you call at the same spot? or do you need to find another location since you may have scared other coyotes off?

I set tight, most times(30Min) they will come back to check out there buddy, and you will get another shot, I use the down yote as Bait.
    just saying........

Comment

Start calling right after you shoot. ky-yis would work best here. if nothing shows in 10-20 minutes pack up and head to another spot. let the spot where you shot the coyote rest a day or two and things should have calmed down enough to hunt it again.

Comment

I immediately move to another spot after shooting.

Comment

I move on.

Comment

Depending on the situation, two or more coyotes come in and after shooting stops one of the dogs is still running. We immediately use ky-yis. Had three dogs come in once, got first dog and the other two were unscathed, ky-yied for 25 minutes and they were both back. Shot second dog, third dog ran off, ky-yied for 40 minutes and he circled back around and we finished the triple. Sometimes we will hunt a set were we killed a single dog in the morning towards evening and will call in another dog or even two.

Comment

Right after you shoot use a pup distress or hurt coyote because sometimes there will be another coyote or more coming in and wait about 5 to 10 minutes and if nothing comes in and move to a new spot. Give the stand a rest for a couple days before you call there again and don't use the same call.

Comment

Ether or really. Depends on how they act in the area your hunting

Comment

Stay where you are. They will come back.

Comment

I have found that if you know the area holds multiple coyote or you've seen them in pairs, sit tight after the initial kill and wait for about 10 minutes. Chances are good another is on its way. Also, if you are near den sights....combos are possible. Visual aids help with bringing the 2nd in.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad