Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bereal
    replied
    http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/601712-our-culture-has-accepted-two-huge-lies-the-first-is

Rick Warren quote, NOT Phil Robertson

Leave a comment:

• bereal
    replied
    Originally posted by M.A.T View Post
    habben and jhjimbo, you two are both missing the point, -1 for OH then +1 for Bubba.
    http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/601712-our-culture-has-accepted-two-huge-lies-the-first-is
    Rick Warren quote, NOT Phil Robertson.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Lopez
    replied
    “Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.” -Rick Warren, the ORIGINAL source of this quote

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Pike Papp
    replied
    Just because someones has their photo in the back ground of a quote does NOT mean they wrote it. I would hope smart people when posting "QUOTES" give credit to the actual person that wrote it. A simple google search would have helped. Rick Warren is the owner of this quote. Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty has a person that writes his scripts.

Leave a comment:

• Christy Crites
    replied
    Thats not his quote. That's Rick Warren.

Leave a comment:

• BillSheive5555
    replied
    Nice quote. Agree 100%

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Well said, WAM.

Bubba, you can't tell me that Robertson didn't figure this would happen when he fed his sort-of homophobic sermon to the magazine. Everyone has been saying on here all along how business smart these DD guys are. So what's wrong with me giving him credit for creating controversy to reap exponential profits? Do you really think it's all a multimillion dollar coincidence? Gee, I wonder why Phil didn't speak his mind during the first season? Surely his opinion on homosexuals isn't something that has evolved overnight. Obviously he was smart enough to know what the consequences would have been at that stage of DD's development. Too risky. Now that he's an icon, it's not only safe, it's great for business.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Two days ago Cracker Barrel announced that they were pulling everything that had Phil's picture on it off of their shelves. Today they announced they had made a mistake and after 6 million calls in 2 days they were putting ALL of Phil's items back on the shelves. This is proof that the ones of us that still hold family Christian values dear and making them known can still make a difference. Let's get ready for the next battle, it will come soon.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    As usual, many statements are taken out of context and spun by the media. A&E is perhaps a bit hypocritical by having the family prayer at the end of the show, yet getting on Phil's case for paraphrasing the Bible. If you believe the Holy Bible, you have to acknowledge that homosexual behavior is an abomination against God and those folks shall not inherit his Kingdom. But if you don't believe in His Word, then all this perverted behavior is just a lifestyle just like the NFL fans. I grow just as tired of certain religions shoving their beliefs at me just as I am tired of the LBGT flaunting their agenda. I agree with Phil and my employer would likely act similarly if I was making similar statements in the break room for all to hear. Cut 'em, boys!

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    All of the shows for the upcoming season have already been taped and A&E says they will not edit Phil out so DD will go on this season as planned. The DD family has the No. 1 Christmas carol out now too. I had dinner with the manager of the local Walmart last evening and he said that the DD merchandise was gone from his store 5 hours after this hit the air. Everyone is asking him when he is getting more of their stuff in the store. This may be the best thing that has ever happened to them , the popularity just keeps getting bigger.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Honker - I do not subscribe to your conspiracy theory here.
    Do you actually believe that the producers arranged an interview anticipating that Phil Robertson would say something politically incorrect so they could suspend him and then take him back?
    That's a stretch, even if it works out that way in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    Seems to me nobody is infringing on Mr. Robertson's right to say anything he wants...the hubbub looks like A&E is exercising their right to employ or not employ.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Whatever you think, Honk!
    We all know that "you-da-man" around here!

BRILLIANT IDEA, HONK!
    Since you're THE Canuck "water fowling" guru and expert, why don't you write their scripts so you can add genuine "realism" to the show?
    Heck! I bet you know lots more about ducking than they do! You could be their resident "deke spread" consultant!

Leave a comment:

• Clay Cooper
    replied
    I wonder what DD ratings on the hunting channel is now

Leave a comment:

• Clay Cooper
    replied
    let's see if I get this right, it's perfectly ok to have parades down main street with naked people, drag queens and tossing condoms with even the city mayors doing the tossing and they want me to tolerate there behavior....

Did I mention one of my neighbors just happens to be a gay couple and we get along just fine....

A&E is controlled by a person who's in the back pocket of Jollywood and doesn't speak for the rest of the majority of everyone

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad