Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I cooked some squirrels in a crockpot. They were very tender and tasted good but was wondering if any of you knew any simp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I cooked some squirrels in a crockpot. They were very tender and tasted good but was wondering if any of you knew any simp

Today I cooked some squirrels in a crockpot. They were very tender and tasted good but was wondering if any of you knew any simple recipes that I could use this squirrel for. I want a very simple recipe where I can taste the squirrel. Thank you

Grill em up. And add some BBQ sauce if you want. Its simple and very good.

Comment

Roll in flour, fry in light oil, pepper to taste.

Comment

Dust cut up squirrel in flour and fry just until lightly browned.
        Remove squirrel and all but a couple of tablespoons of the frying grease.
        Make enough gravy to cover squirrel, thinning with milk if needed.
        Put squirrel in bottom of crockpot, cover with gravy, add onion and garlic to taste. Plenty black pepper!
        Cook until squirrel is tender and gravy is thickened.
        Serve over hot, buttered biscuits.
        WARNING! Addictive and fattening!

Comment

De-bone the meat chop in to small peaces Pan fry in oil or butter and garlic till brown mix in to Boiled Rice season to taste = Yum Yummy treerat over rice.

Comment

Never tried it just got the idea: Squirrel Gumbo

Comment

Go to squirrelsunlimited.com for a lot of squirrel recipes. If it was me I would not do anything else to them out of the crockpot but maybe add some veggies and chow down.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                I see an interesting piece up on CBC this morning that says Kamala would be a perfect fit for the Conservative party if she was running for office up...
                Today, 11:19 AM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
              • Reply to More Bad News....
                by bowhunter75richard
                WAM, I am very sorry to hear about Scout. I know words at times such as this are of little help, but know they are filled with much feeling of sorrow...
                Today, 11:12 AM
              • More Bad News....
                by WA Mtnhunter
                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by rock rat
                Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All...
                Today, 10:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X