Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can some one give me some small game/ squirrel tips and tactics? I live in New Mexico, so I will be hunting in drier places. Th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can some one give me some small game/ squirrel tips and tactics? I live in New Mexico, so I will be hunting in drier places. Th

Can some one give me some small game/ squirrel tips and tactics? I live in New Mexico, so I will be hunting in drier places. Thanks

The key no matter where you are is locate the food sources they are feeding on, be patient, take you time. Squirrels will feed on different food sources as they become available. If you are still hunting having patience is very important. Take your time to look around and in, to you, unlikely places, like forks of trees, blow downs or brush piles, during colder weather on top of limbs in the sunshine. Check out squirrelsunlimited.com. Lot of good people there who can give you more tips.

Comment

Sorry Charlie,
      (I could not resist)

Can't help, I hunt in the NE which would probably be totally different. Good Luck.

Comment

One of the biggest things for squirrels is to sit. It is very tempting to get up and walk until you see them, but they know why your their. Sit for ten minutes and then move repeat this tactic and you will see more game.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad