Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, is hunting/fishing better before or after a storm front moves through the area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion, is hunting/fishing better before or after a storm front moves through the area?

In your opinion, is hunting/fishing better before or after a storm front moves through the area?

before

Comment

For fishing, I have always had better luck just after a storm or rain.

Comment

I'm not sure about hunting, but I've always heard that fish like bass and bluegill bite better right before the storm.

Comment

I like to hunt coyotes right before and after a big storm. before because they are on the move looking for food before they hole up for a few days. after because the are hungry after not being able to hunt because of the storm.

Comment

Before and during

Comment

Fish go to protected waters before a storm so they gorge themselves with food to last during the storm. Then after the storm passes they come out of the protected area where they were hole up and are hungry. I like to fish before a hurricane and just after to take advantage of the "before the front" and "after the front" feedings of the fish. The protected waters are very hard to predict before the front, but easy to see AFTER the front so I do better after the front myself.

Comment

Fishing before, turkey hunting during, deer hunting I'm in my buddies barn having a soda and talkin huntin!

Comment

I love rifle hunting right after a big snow storm or right before it. I try not to hunt archery if its definitely gonna rain because it could wash away the blood trail. My dad lost one once so its just a family law now. Fishing after storms for me is hit or miss but can be fantastic.

Comment

Of course, duck hunting is best when the jet stream loops down and the birds vacate their nesting areas. They know it's coming. After the storm, they are gone, headed for Mexico or wherever.

My experience with bass on the river is that the fish tend to congregate around fallen trees next to the bank right before the storm, and they are biting.

Comment

After a windy snow storm is the best time for me. The deer are hungry and they will all be on the move.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad