Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you that live in Olahoma have you ever hunted the Lexington WMA? What is good hunting there? Any odd rules or anyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you that live in Olahoma have you ever hunted the Lexington WMA? What is good hunting there? Any odd rules or anyth

For those of you that live in Olahoma have you ever hunted the Lexington WMA? What is good hunting there? Any odd rules or anything I should know?

Knife

Go to

www.wildlifedepartment.com

Should answer all your questions.
    Have fun. Good luck.

Comment

Yes I know I have been to there website. I was just wondering if anyone had experience hunting there. What was good hunting? But yes I have been to their website that's how I knew it existed.

Comment

I've never hunted an Oklahoma WMA. I got my fill of those long ago. I'm just hard headed enough, I'd just as soon not hunt.
        That said, I live 2 miles from a WMA.
        Along one side of the accompanying CoE lake, there is a strip of WMA only 50 yards or so wide and probably a mile and a half long. Nobody hunts it because they don't think it holds game and private landowners won't allow access across their property.
        IT'S A GOLD MINE of deer and turkeys! But I'm too crippled up to hunt it.

Comment

I hunt there. It's okay. There are deer and turkey, squirrels, it's pretty decent for ducks, lots of little ponds scattered throughout. I haven't seen quail there in 5 years or so. Use to come across them regularly. IF it's close I'd say give it a try. But it's certainly not worth a lengthy drive.

Comment

@FirstBubba

What's the name of that WMA, or how would I get to it? Sounds interesting enough that I would check it out

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am not wanting to hunt any big game or anything because I a really good spot for that, the only thing s it is 21/2 hours away so I am just trying to find somewhere close I can shoot squirrels and small game. Good to hear its got ducks.

Comment

A good place to rabbit hunt is Drummond Flats WMA, it was made more for waterfowl and pheasants but I kick up rabbits all day long walking fields and fence lines for pheasants there.

Comment

Thirty five miles SE of Lawton.
                  There are probably no B&C or P&Y heads. But there's plenty venison and ferals. There are "some" turkeys.
                  It's about 120 miles south of OKC down 81.

Comment

Thanks First Bubba and Outdoor Envy for all of the info. I appreciate it.

Comment

When you guys are hunting in Oklahoma and you’re not listening to your radio, how do you know when a tornado is coming toward you?
                      Does a family member tip you off via your cell phone?
                      Can you hear the loud rumble of the tornado?
                      Can you tell by the sky activity or the clouds?
                      Does the wind tell you when to get out of the woods?
                      If you can’t out run a tornado and you vehicle is no protection then it could be lights out.
                      That is scary as hell!

Maybe you should built a underground bunker near your deer stand. Lol

Comment

Well Gary. Spring is tornado "season", even though they can occur pretty much year 'round.
                        A tornado forms out of a "wall" cloud, which is pretty distinct.
                        When one of those dark clouds blows in and you get a sudden drop in temperature, it's time to duck and cover.

Comment

Pray and hope God still has a use for you and what FirstBubba said. I have never been out in a tornado however I have had to walk a ways home when it was hailing and lightning and pooring rain when I was out checking lines. I also had a gun and a fishing pole in my hands. which both conduct electricity. It was pretty scary.

Comment

Bubba and Freak, spring time I have the perfect solution for hunting turkeys in Oklahoma. Forget the camo ground blind and build an underground bunker.
                            You can shoot turkeys from it and protect yourself from a fast moving tornado that flies in on top of you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad