Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use a 12 guage for coyotes and what load and can i use 22lr??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use a 12 guage for coyotes and what load and can i use 22lr??

Can I use a 12 guage for coyotes and what load and can i use 22lr??

Yes, 00 buck - 2 shot and Yes

Comment

ok o got a semi auto 22 so ill just unload on em.

Comment

ok o got a semi auto 22 so ill just unload on em.

Comment

Shotgun can even be the preferred weapon especially when you are calling and they come running in. Pretty difficult to hit a running coyote with a .22LR, shotgun can be much more effective. Try using buck shot 00, or even some turkey loads(3.5inch, 4 or 5 shot) Those should get the job done.

Comment

whoever gave minigunner the bad comment negatives..idk why you did. he's obviously not experienced. if i were to shoot coyote with a 22 semi auto, i would put my sights right on the vitals and pop 2 round controlled bursts.

Comment

YA I've never shot coyotes.

Comment

If you're gone to sell the hide you don't want it full of holes.

Comment

ed j. holes really aren't that big of an issue, for they just get sewn up anyways. although you do have a really good point. my cousin shoots coyotes with the 300 win mag and still sells em.

Comment

I've never shot a coyote with a shotgun, but I'm well acquainted with a group of hound hunters who use shotguns almost exclusively to pursue this animal. They all seem to use #1 buckshot more than any other.Most of these guys use 3 1/2" shells. They take many coyote every winter and they lose very few. Most of the hunting is done in pretty dense forest. I've shot three coyote this year and all three have been shot with a 22 mag. rifle. I have a lot of confidence in this round, but I don't like the 22 l.r. for coyote. I've had good luck on fox with the 22l.r. and the Velocitor round as well as the 22 stinger. Good luck hunting and be careful!

Comment

Shotguns are great as long as you care don't care about the pelts. As for the .22 LR, its a no go in my book. Definitely doesn't kill fast enough.

Comment

Agreed with buckhunter and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad