Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How or what way do you call in coyotes. What calls or what time of the day or night and what type of gun do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How or what way do you call in coyotes. What calls or what time of the day or night and what type of gun do you use?

How or what way do you call in coyotes. What calls or what time of the day or night and what type of gun do you use?

I like early morning the yotes are on the move for food,
    as for calls,I use Invisi-yote by Lohman,Fire arms 17/Hornet,223 Ruger MkII,243Win-M-100 for that 300+ Yd shot.

Comment

I use a mouth call, a rabbit in distress, while a shooting companion uses a battery-operated "dancing rabbit". Like Treestand, early mornings seem more productive for us. For firearms, I use a Win 70 Featherweight in .223, a heavy-barreled Howa 1500 in .223, a heavy-barreled Rem 700 in .22-250, a Rem 600 carbine in .222 Rem, a Ruger #3 .22 Hornet carbine, and a versatile Win 70 bolt action .250 Savage (my general-purpose rifle). Photos of the firearms are in my profile.

Comment

I've used a hand call (cottontail in distress) most of my life with a variety of electronic calls mixed in. During this offseason, I am putting together the $4 iHunt app (iHunt.com) with good wireless remote speakers for next season. My nephew called up two separate packs of coyotes on his first day with this at mid-day.

I like calling at sunup best but evening is second best. I don't let time of day stop me when hunting though. There is no doubt that 2 AM with full moon light on fresh snow can't be beat. They come with reckless abandon at that time of day where legal.

Comment

we have tried using foxpro calls and use a 220 swift, or .243

hunt dawn and dusk

Comment

Forgot to mention, I use a .223 (Bushmaster Varminter) for coyote irradication (when multiple varmints are popping up simultaneously or if you victim just must not escape. I use a 25-06 Rem 700 Sendero for normal coyote sport hunting (where I give them a fair chance). The 25-06 has greater range than anything smaller in caliber. It also shoots a 75g bullet as fast as a 22-250 can shoot a 50g bullet.

Comment

remington 700 243 win for long range and savage 93r17 17hmr for under 150 yards.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad