Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

During the off season I have been doing some electronic "scouting" as a first step to finding some puplic land squirrel hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During the off season I have been doing some electronic "scouting" as a first step to finding some puplic land squirrel hunting.

During the off season I have been doing some electronic "scouting" as a first step to finding some puplic land squirrel hunting. I came across, on the game and fish web site, maps for a local WMA. Has anyone had any experience in using maps provided by a game and fish agency? Have you found them to be accurate for your area or lacking? What other sources would you use for maps?

I used some maps provided by the Ohio dnr. They are sometimes old and not very accurate but they still get you a sense of the terrain so you know what game you'll find there.Other than that scouting in the preseason is the best way to find out about the land.

Comment

I use google earth. On my new dell, i can even put down two points, and it will measure the distance between them. I have found it real handy.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad