Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am i the only one who can not find 1 box of 22 shells! do you really think there will be a law against them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i the only one who can not find 1 box of 22 shells! do you really think there will be a law against them?

am i the only one who can not find 1 box of 22 shells! do you really think there will be a law against them?

"...a law against them?..."

NO!

Ammo manufacturers have Gov't contracts that "MUST" be fulfilled.
    When events (Sandy Hook, Tuscon, 9-11, etc) occur that causes "panic (for lack of a better term!), available supplies disappear. Between "unusual" demand and Gov't contracts, manufacturers have a difficult time "catching up". Therefore, we have an ammo "shortage"!(shortfall?)
    Manufacturers can't reasonably "make" more ammo without increasing their production facilities. It isn't fiscally feasible to do that when they can catch up with increased demand when demand drops off. Be patient! It's gonna be okay!

Comment

Your not the only one who can't find 22 ammunition.

Comment

i know "It's gonna be okay" and there will be no law against 22 bullets i just don't understand why everyone is buying 22 bullets

Comment

I was in Gander Mountains last week, and they were selling bricks of .22LR ammo. I would have bought one but there was a line of about five people ahead of me and I had to leave.

Comment

Still shooting .22 from my Y2K stock, lol!
            Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

.22 is in short supply because of panic buying. People practice with .22's, and everyone wants to have thousands of rounds in their stash. I am I concerned about losing my 2ndAmendment rights? yes I am, but I do understand supply and demand.

Comment

I stock up everytime I go to the sporting goods store so if they are out the next time I still have some.

Comment

i remember when Obama first came into office and the only .22 i could find locally was these teeny boxes that cost the same as a 550 ct. box. Itll pass, if people wouldnt hoard it there would be enough for everyone. I actually wrote a college paper on it.

Comment

Conspiracy types think the new world order is coming.

Comment

I found a relatively new looking 100 round box of CCI .22LR Subsonic price marked $3.95 in a desk drawer last night. Collector's item never to be seen again!

What PigHunter said! LOL

Comment

.22 LR or 12 gauge shotgun puts more meat on the table than any other round. Surprised we haven't seen a run on all bird-shot.
                        Echo PigHunter and WAM. LMSAO!!

Comment

.22 LR or 12 gauge shotgun puts more meat on the table than any other round. Surprised we haven't seen a run on all bird-shot.
                          Echo PigHunter and WAM. LMSAO!!

Comment

There is a legislator in Florida who has proposed a mandatory anger management course as a prerequisite to purchase ammunition in Florida.
                            If that idea catches on with the gun control people on the national scene, just imagine the stampede that would provoke.

Comment

I personnally bought the last available box of .22 lr standard velocity in my county. Econ. 101; threaten supply and demand will skyrocket. Just more of that Change we were supposed to believe in. Elections have consequences. So think back to Nov. and ask yourself if you helped let this happen

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                                by crm3006
                                Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                                Today, 05:22 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I took your advice and blocked the slimy nine and the red rodent, ..."

Welcome! It's pretty sad to rant and rave on a blog...
                                Today, 04:39 PM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by 99explorer
                                Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                                Today, 03:02 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                                Today, 02:39 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X