Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm interested in porcupine hair...It's too expensive to buy on ebay and other websites, so I've considered hunting/trapping the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm interested in porcupine hair...It's too expensive to buy on ebay and other websites, so I've considered hunting/trapping the

I'm interested in porcupine hair...It's too expensive to buy on ebay and other websites, so I've considered hunting/trapping them. Are there other uses for porcupine or other recommended ways to acquire hair without hunting them for only that reason?

The only way I have gotten quills is when I'm smacking them with something to get them out of my yard or pulling them out of my dogs face (5 times) Not sure where you live but here in Maine, come spring/early summer, they are road kill mania. The young black ones especially.
    How much do quills sell for on eBay?

Comment

What do you use the hair for?

Comment

The easiest way is as road kill. If you have porqueys in your area, you should be able to get all the hair/quills you could ever use.

I'm curious too. Are you using the quills or hair underneath? What for?

Comment

Hi...

Porcupine are edible.

Their quills are used for decorating by some cultures in North America, such as Native Americans.

Their hides make unique wall decorations.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
            by PigHunter
            I know how you feel. There's no way I'b bet my life on a conceal carry without ever firing it. Just this morning, PigHuntress told me she'd been practicing...
            Today, 06:27 PM
          • Handgun Laser Sights
            by PigHunter
            On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
            08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
          • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
            by Solitario Lupo
            Jimbo I dont really go for eyes on Erie but that is impressive almost 80 degrees on top and in that depths wonder how cold it gets in that thermocline....
            Today, 06:16 PM
          • Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
            by jhjimbo
            We are getting a nice slow soaker of a rain for most of Sat afternoon. Reminds me when we fished from my Fathers cruiser. It was called an express cruiser...
            08-01-2020, 05:28 PM
          • Reply to The George Floyd case.
            by 99explorer
            I do feel sorry for those rookie cops on the scene who had their backs to the brutality being committed by their senior officer.
            Today, 06:00 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X